Vazquez Jr vs Arce (Rematch).....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vazquez Jr vs Arce (Rematch).....

What a fight that was......

Now that was a very very close fight. Jr was gassed the 11th and 12 round and allowed Arce to pounce and pull the victory. I was very surprised to see Vazquez with the very little experience he has, hanging in there with Arce as far as boxing ability or whatnot.

From what I understand, Vazquez trained in altitude in Mexico for the Donaire fight, and I think the difference in conditioning showed during that fight. Even though he clearly lost.

Arce should make that rematch his last hoorah IMO...

What do ya'll think?

I would watch it!!

Comment

No thanks, Arce is done has has been done for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
        No thanks, Arce is done has has been done for a while.
        so u saying it was a fluke?

I say rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
          so u saying it was a fluke?

I say rematch.
          In a way.

WVII lost because of stamina issues and his inexperience. I would like him to rematch Nonito, I think he can do better. He beats Arce pretty easy on the second fight if he decides to box him.

Comment

Arce is done man, he was done in that fight. No disrespect to Jr but a prime Arce would have murked him even sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
              In a way.

WVII lost because of stamina issues and his inexperience. I would like him to rematch Nonito, I think he can do better. He beats Arce pretty easy on the second fight if he decides to box him.
              I too would rather see Vazquez Jr. vs Donaire II.

A more confident Vazquez would probably open up more. He could get KTFO but he can manhandle Donaire with the right gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Arce is done man, he was done in that fight. No disrespect to Jr but a prime Arce would have murked him even sooner.
                agreed. fighters don't loose the actual boxing skill i believe, just the quickness etc... thats why i was surprised to see vazquez boxing ability really show that fight.

but if we're gonna talk about past prime fighters right now, i'd rather see arce fight than morales. Arce could still go a a top level, but man, watching morales or that shell of whats in the ring is crazy now.

Comment

agreed. fighters don't loose the actual boxing skill i believe, just the quickness etc... thats why i was surprised to see vazquez boxing ability really show that fight.

but if we're gonna talk about past prime fighters right now, i'd rather see arce fight than morales. Arce could still go a a top level, but man, watching morales or that shell of whats in the ring is crazy now.
                  For real, it is sad to see Morales fight now, That KO Garcia put on him was sad and brutal,a HOF fighter should never go out like that. If money is what he needs, he should do some boxing commentating like JMM, Chavez sr. and other fighters are doing.. He is done fighting..
                  I would watch watch Vasquez jr. fight Arce but come on people Vasquez jr. has no shot against donaire even at his best. The only reason he did not get KO the first fight is because he was too cautious and Nonito hurt his hand really bad.

Comment

Your 100% right, I still spar and I will be 40 in a couple of years and I know what to do but I can't quite do it like I once did. I'm just a milisecond slower and that makes all the difference.

Arce can still fight, not at the highest level but he will fight one more time in Mexico. Morales has been done for about 7 years now and I was shocked at how competitive he was vs Danny Garcia the first time out. I think if Garcia doesn't land that knockdown, he loses the fight IMO.

Watching past prime fighters is tough man.

Comment

Working...
                    X