Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Fearful Frampton Won't Come To Fight Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Fearful Frampton Won't Come To Fight Saturday

Leo Santa Cruz has heard through boxing's proverbial grapevine that Carl Frampton has no intention of engaging in a slugfest Saturday night. The Rosemead, California, native hopes that turns out to be an erroneous rumor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why should frampton give away his only edge in the fight. He shouldn't run scared but he has to throw combos box smart move in out side to side. Standing toe to toe is never smart unless you are a brawler and very powerful

Comment

I think Frampton should try to move, should try to make it a boxing match.

I dont think it will do him any good, but that should be his strategy, walk Leo into things.

Comment

Frampton has no other option than to fight and try to look at least brave in defeat, he already shamelesly duck rigo and didnt look that good at 122, if he runs and still gets mauled at 126, what is he going to do? Stay at 126 and get mauled by anybody with a pulse? Go back to 122 and get mauled this time by quigg? He better fights and get paid well because this could be a career ending fight.

Comment

Haha, leo wishes he would do that so he's screaming "please don't do that, please don't do that."

Leo has a huge advantage in space, the more frampton goes in and out, the more he puts himself at a disadvantage. Leo will feast on these transitions....unless framptons footwork, speed, angles and defense were meticulous....which their not....he's no rigo and wnot become one overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by pvj View Post
            Haha, leo wishes he would do that so he's screaming "please don't do that, please don't do that."

Leo has a huge advantage in space, the more frampton goes in and out, the more he puts himself at a disadvantage. Leo will feast on these transitions....unless framptons footwork, speed, angles and defense were meticulous....which their not....he's no rigo and wnot become one overnight.
            Exactly.

Frampton is not boxer enough to execute a "pile up the points" gameplan, and he doesn't hit hard enough to trade with Santa Cruz.

I'll say it again, this will be a pretty easy fight for Leo.

Comment

Leo will bring the pressure for 12 Rounds if he has to until he breaks Frampton. No Frampton shouldn't stay in the pocket with Leo that would be suicide but I do think keeping it in the center of the Circling/Pivoting would be effective vs Leo instead of being the shorting guy trying to fight off of his backfoot

Still not sure how this will play out which makes it a good fight!

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                Exactly.

Frampton is not boxer enough to execute a "pile up the points" gameplan, and he doesn't hit hard enough to trade with Santa Cruz.

I'll say it again, this will be a pretty easy fight for Leo.
                Leo has the physical advantage, Frampton the boxing IQ. I think he'll eek out a decision and everyone will be very surprised. Frampton is a very slick Boxer, so much so that Santa Cruz could look very very silly.

Comment

He wont do that.

Lots of lateral movement from Frampton coming up.

Comment

already planting the seed for an excuse when he loses.

Frampton is going to put on a boxing master class Sat. night...

Oh, there will be some exchanges, when Frampton picks his spots, steps inside Cruz's reach, and fires off beautiful 2-3's, 3-6-3's, 5-2-3's - flies Santa's head like a ball, and then sidesteps up and under beautifully while Cruz attempts to clumsily fire back...

Not to mention, the basic 1-2 will work LIKE A CHARM - Frampton will shoot it right up the gut, between Cruz's guard...

Comment

Working...
                    X