No announcement yet.

Catching Opponent Mid Rhythm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching Opponent Mid Rhythm

Talk about your experience if you have been successful at performing this. Catching your opponent mid rhythm like how mayweather jr does in a lot of his fights. He mentioned about how he doesnt fight too much in a constant rhythm because thats how people can read you and thats exactly what he uses to catch people especially with lead straights. Im a little lazy to find some fights where its very noticeable that he's doing it. If you do not know what im talking about ill explain. Most people fight in a basic rhythm of bouncing on the toes forward and back slightly. sometimes they will mix it up and walk forward a little then get back into stance or continue bouncing. The perfect timing to catch them in mid rhythm is in the middle of a bounce when they shift weight. Another way is when some opponents walk forward and when say the back foot steps forward to catch up to the front foot you throw your punch before they get set.

i try to do somehting diferent in first and second rounds on third round i do what worked best in those first rounds.

Comment

Are you on about this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOJp9Wmayo

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Are you on about this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOJp9Wmayo
        That's one of the first places I heard him talk about it but I've water a lot of his early fight as well as his recent ones and he does it all the time. What were you trying to get at?

Comment

That's one of the first places I heard him talk about it but I've water a lot of his early fight as well as his recent ones and he does it all the time. What were you trying to get at?
          Nothing really, it's just that I remembered the conversation.

Overall I think that's a concept people overlook in boxing. People focus on the apparent things like speed, power and combination but they forget that with rhythm and timing those things can be neutralised.

I think his fight with Zab Judah is a good example of this. Even though Zab had the faster punch he was able to adapt and beat him. It can also be demoralising.

Comment

Working...
          X