Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez-Roamer Angulo Tops Tripleheader, April 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez-Roamer Angulo Tops Tripleheader, April 18

Undefeated WBC Super Middleweight World Champion Davd "El Bandera Roja" Benavidez will defend his title on Saturday, April 18 in his hometown of Phoenix, Ariz. against former world title challenger Roamer Alexis Angulo, live on SHOWTIME from Arizona Federal Theatre headlining a Premier Boxing Champions event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So wanting him to fight Canelo instead when his fight was canceled

Comment

Thought David was supposed to fight his mandatory? Fight this dude will only prolong the plant unification fight

Comment

Of course they had to add some WBA interim titles to this trash card.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
          Thought David was supposed to fight his mandatory? Fight this dude will only prolong the plant unification fight
          Yildrim is injured and David didn't want to stay out of the ring too long it's on ok fight Angulo gave Zurdo problems just a stay busy fight until Yildrim is ready to fight but i'm sure they would allow a unification before enforcing the mandatory if it really came down to it everybody knows David want's to fight Plant and Plant wants to fight David it should happen before the end of the year.

Comment

Instead of doing the unification fight with Plant SMH, another “Showcase” fight. Typical....

Comment

I'm good with this! Wish it would be Benavidez vs. Charlo, but my dream is about about as likely as Dr. King's!

Comment

Without trying to sound like a hater, but PBCs first quarter schedule is disappointing so far.
                Besides Wilder Vs Fury (great) and Russell Jr. Vs Nyambayar (decent), most fights aren't competitive on paper (I know that Rosario and Helenius won big upsets, but doesn't change the fact that those fights were supposed to be showcase fights.

According to boxrec:

Williams Vs Rosario (Top50), Garcia Vs Redkach (Top50), Hurd Vs Santana (Top50), Ugas Vs Dallas Jr. (Not even Top100), Rigondeaux Vs Solis (Top50), Plant Vs Feigenbutz (Top50), Kownacki Vs Helenius (Top50), Wallin Vs Browne (Top50), Nery Vs Alameda (Top50), Benavidez Vs Angulo (Top50).

Those were the main or co-main events from PBC.
                Some smaller fights like Fulton Vs Khegai and Perella Vs Ramos were ok and Jamal James Vs Dulorme is good, but overall pretty slim pickings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I'm good with this! Wish it would be Benavidez vs. Charlo, but my dream is about about as likely as Dr. King's!
                  How did a benavidez-charlo match up ever come into your head as a possibility?

Comment

A risky fight against a descent uber driver. Why not do a unification instead?

Comment

Working...
                    X