No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Stops Kassim Ouma in Ten Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Stops Kassim Ouma in Ten Rounds

At the Arena Roberto Duran in Panama City, Panama, WBA "regular" middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (21-0, 18KOs) stopped Kassim Ouma (27-8-1, 17KOs) in the tenth round of an exciting fight.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-17-2011, 11:41 PM.

golovkin is really growing on me.

Comment

I'm big fan of Golovkin, but he fought bad fight tonight and lost way too many rounds.

Comment

I didnt see the fight, but I hope Kassim at least put up a good fight. Maybe he should go back to 154. I was just watching "Kassim the Dream" this morning, it is a documentary film about his life, talks a lot about him being forced to be a child soldier all the way up through his pro boxing career. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by GatecrasherUA View Post
          I'm big fan of Golovkin, but he fought bad fight tonight and lost way too many rounds.
          Agreed. That Mexican trainer has to go. Looks like he's going down the same path as guys like Tszyu and Jirov did going from 1st rate boxers to face first sluggers just relying on power thanks to ****ty trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
            I didnt see the fight, but I hope Kassim at least put up a good fight. Maybe he should go back to 154. I was just watching "Kassim the Dream" this morning, it is a documentary film about his life, talks a lot about him being forced to be a child soldier all the way up through his pro boxing career. Very interesting.
            He put up a GREAT fight, but Golovkin's awesome power made the difference in late rounds. But early on, it was all Ouma. Golovkin fought like simple brawler and wanted to crush Ouma with one punch, and eating almost everything Ouma threw, and Ouma threw a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Agreed. That Mexican trainer has to go. Looks like he's going down the same path as guys like Tszyu and Jirov did going from 1st rate boxers to face first sluggers just relying on power thanks to ****ty trainers.
              U think boxing martinez will work?Golovikin fighting martinez like a mexican
              is a better way.He needs to bully martinez and tko his azz.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                U think boxing martinez will work?Golovikin fighting martinez like a mexican
                is a better way.He needs to bully martinez and tko his azz.
                I agree that pressuring Martinez is the way to go but Golovkin had great reflexes, timing, counter punching and the ability to control the distance while stalking you, tonight he was nothing more than a face first slugger.
                It's those things that allowed him to outbox very fast and athletically gifted guys like Korobov, Direll, Bute

Comment

I stand by what ive been saying since day one: N'dam beats this guy easily. N'dam is to Ouma as Sergio Martinez is to Carlos Quintana.

N'dam doesn't have quite the power Golovkin does, but he's not far behind. He is ligt years ahead of him in fleetness of hand and foot. He would be circling him all night and close his eye shut with his jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    haha onechance87's butt will be hurt but it's the truth.

that style will only last for a VERY short amount of time before the fighter is ether ko'd or outboxed. even the greatest pressure/brawler in boxings history (marvin hagler) had decent amount of boxing skills.

ouma had way too much success for my liking.......

Comment

Working...
                    X