Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: I'm Disgusted - Drug Cheats Must Be Banned For Life!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew: I'm Disgusted - Drug Cheats Must Be Banned For Life!

Former WBC cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew is shaking his head with some of the happenings in the sport of boxing. He says boxers are failing drug tests, for performance enhancers, and not suffering any dire consequences. Bellew believes that certain boxers have not only avoided serious punishment, but they are also being rewarded.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sadly, PED's will likely only become more common

I agree with Bellew. And certainly give him credit for taking the high road when so many are endangering their opponents' and their own lives with PED use, and robbing the fans of outcomes we can trust.

There will always be PED use, but I think the alphabet soup sanctioning gangs are a huge part of the problem. Boxing needs something like what the UFC has (never thought I'd say that) with USADA. These blood testing negotiations really make part of the contest who can cheat the best and negotiate terms the most sneakily. And that is hurting the sport when it is experiencing a terrific resurgence.

The lifetime bans would certainly help, but there is so much weird grey area with drug testing: non-PED drugs creating gals positives, natural hormone variations, tainted samples, corruption, so on and so forth. Thus I'd hesitate to say, just ban 'em all, no questions asked. But the penalties need to be stiffer and enforced by a unified group of sanctioning bodies.
    Last edited by sweeterscience; 02-04-2018, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Dammit. Again, I'm in agreement with Tone. I find myself enjoying his co-commentary on Sky, too. It goes to prove that he's not 100% cnut at all. I'd say 75%.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
        Dammit. Again, I'm in agreement with Tone. I find myself enjoying his co-commentary on Sky, too. It goes to prove that he's not 100% cnut at all. I'd say 75%.
        I had the same feeling. Unfortunately, 75% is better than most these days.

Comment

Banened for life

Comment

Spot on..........Absolutely nothing more to say .

Comment

the cashcows will always be protected no matter how harsh the punishment is for PED usuage.

Comment

Bomber is the man

Comment

Cue Bellew in about a month or so on commentating on Whyte v Browne, trying to sell the fight between 2 drugs cheats..

and no doubt he'll be bigging up fellow Matchroom fighter Whyte, who has been banned before..

Comment

While i agree with him, he was saying in an interview the other day how Tyson Fury is a good man and he's glad he's back.

Comment

Working...
                    X