No announcement yet.

Question on running. Please comment.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on running. Please comment.

I do my roadwork three times a week, tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays with boxing monday, wednesday, and friday. Last saturday it took me about 25 minutes to run my usual 2 and a half miles, in the blazing sun. On tuesday, i ran at night and finished in about 20 minutes. Then tonight, thursday, i ran it in 25 minutes again. I thought i would finish in 20 like the other night, but instead i finished in 25 minutes, the same as in the blazing sun. Anyone got an idea why?

theres no straight up way to tell but its all up on you man what did you do diffrent that you didnt do today that you did on the day u ran it in 20 minutes?

Comment

I felt slower but I felt like if I ran any faster than i'd be pushing it too hard. The night i ran it in 20 minutes i ran pretty fast and didn't feel winded at all. I tried running faster but i felt kind of gassed whenever i did. Really my question is why would I get tired even thought i've been running, boxing, sleeping, and eating right? I guess its up to me to decide whats wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
        I felt slower but I felt like if I ran any faster than i'd be pushing it too hard. The night i ran it in 20 minutes i ran pretty fast and didn't feel winded at all. I tried running faster but i felt kind of gassed whenever i did. Really my question is why would I get tired even thought i've been running, boxing, sleeping, and eating right? I guess its up to me to decide whats wrong.

Put yourself on a schedule and stick to it. Keep track of your times and try to improve a bit every week. Concentrate when you are training and don't let your mind wander. When you do all of these things you will find that your performance improves rapidly. Nevertheless, don't expect to accomplish in a few weeks what should ordinarily take a few years. Young guys these days are too impatient, they want instant results. To get to the highest levels it takes years of dedicated training.

Comment

I'm actually going to go out on a limb and guess that you mis-timed the 20 minute run. A 5 minute difference is a huge difference and it definately does not make any sense. Maybe a faulty clock or you somehow misread the time or didn't start the clock on time or something like that. If all of the other times are 25 minutes then that is what I think what happened, because it would be very very strange for you to actually be having that much fluctuations in your running time.

Comment

Just a tip, if you notice your gonna finish your route faster than usual then keep going up to or even longer than you regular time. So if you normally run for 25mins than always run for 25 minutes. Eventually when thats a breeze then extend it to 30min. Focus more on time with your runs not the distance.

Comment

I think Southpaw16 might be on to something. Make sure your times are positively correct. Re-time yourself on the runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
                I do my roadwork three times a week, tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays with boxing monday, wednesday, and friday. Last saturday it took me about 25 minutes to run my usual 2 and a half miles, in the blazing sun. On tuesday, i ran at night and finished in about 20 minutes. Then tonight, thursday, i ran it in 25 minutes again. I thought i would finish in 20 like the other night, but instead i finished in 25 minutes, the same as in the blazing sun. Anyone got an idea why?
                the sun drains u, u just cant really tell. same for me at work.in winter we finish early,but in summer we finish late.

Comment

Working...
                X