No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz confirms on Twitter the rematch will not be in the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Ruiz confirms on Twitter the rematch will not be in the UK

I think that's fair. Ruiz took the fight at late notice and knocked the champion out. The champ should call the shots in my opinion.

Comment

Beautiful news. No need to go over there so they could rob him. Have it in Vegas. I’m down to roll there with my ni99az and party all night.

Comment

So not in the UK and instead in Nigeria which is a notoriously corrupt country.

Comment

Shows what little pull Hearn has. Guy can’t even get a fight signed with a signed rematch clause

Comment

He also stated he would have liked MSG again, or Staples, or even Vegas would have been nice.

So unless he pulls a Canelo and goes to Texas, seems unlikely to be the US.

Nigeria it is.

Comment

perfect Vegas fight

Comment

Really ruiz should honour the terms of the contract he agreed to, so if that includes AJs team deciding the location of the rematch he should adhere to that as they gave him the voluntary + negotiated a deal that both parties agreed to. Now Andy wants to change the terms because he won. That's like not paying a bet because you lost the bet but if you won you'd of wanted your money and be calling the other guy a punk. Dont be a hypocrite. It's just a bit shady. But personally I think that AJ hould have demanded the rematch was in new York if he wanted to dare to great. It was supposed to be his US coming out party, you lose and scuttle back over the Atlantic force guy who just whooped you to come over to your home turf in a bid to snatch the belt back and probably keep it hostage in the UK, that's not a respectful great champion who goes down in the history books type of behaviour. which is what I thought AJ claims to want to be. This would be admitted you failed and can't perform the same away from home, youre a home champion. Like sven ottke . That's pathetic and embarrasses the UK. When you have a giant like fury taking over doing ridiculous amount of fight month media and constantly entertaining and having a classic fight against undefeated beast champion wilder. AJ is not fit to shine furys boots let's be honest, no racism intended. AJ can't carry furys jock strap. AJ is one loss away from being David Price 2.0. Froch had bottle he fought killers home and abroad. These guys make Britain proud. Even George groves, lennox, amir, balls of steel. Criticise calzaghe all you want but he stood up to every test he faced, AJ hasn't managed to do that. AJ is a hypejob! Who has he beat who is a relevant legit top contender? No one. Semi retired coming off of a loss klitschko, journeyman takam, average Joe Martin who is just average pretty ****, footballer brezeale 1 round wilder ko victim. Whyte when he was green and had an injured shoulder. Povetkin is probably his best win but we all know he is short and over the hill yet he gave AJ hell. AJ is overrated I've said for years he has no upperbody movement,movement at the waist. He's not nimble enough to continuously control distance either and now he looks a bit chinny. Its loooing bad for AJ man hope he can prove me wrong.
                Last edited by SuperSuperLeeds; 08-01-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

This fight should be in Messico!!! And it should be in the middle of Messico City where the main square is...that has the Aztec, and Catholic church areas. They should put the ring on top of that stuff!!! And Ruiz should wear a Sombrero!

Nothing else will do!

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                    I think that's fair. Ruiz took the fight at late notice and knocked the champion out. The champ should call the shots in my opinion.
                    pure speculation and if you sign a contract with a rematch clause then fulfill it or get sued

Comment

Working...
                    X