No announcement yet.

Best Light Heavyweight Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Light Heavyweight Fight?

What is an awesome light heavyweight fight? In terms of skillset of boxers and most importantly TWO-WAY action - I'm not looking for a whitewash shutout type fight.

Jones vs Tarver 1 was a good fight on near equal grounds.

I scored it for Jones, but he was clearly not what he was before the heavyweight move. Good fight though!

If you don't mind black and White, try Moore vs Durelle 1. Possibly the best light heavyweight fight in history. Great skills and heart in your mouth action!

Comment

Harold Johnson - Archie Moore 5

Comment

sweet thanks for the responses. . .

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Harold Johnson - Archie Moore 5
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7qFsEmK1gE

couldn't find the full fight but i found the highlights where mongoose does his thing.

NOTE the jab-overhand straight/hook-hybrid combo at 0:55. . . Lol he threw it so hard he lost his balance. .

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7qFsEmK1gE

couldn't find the full fight but i found the highlights where mongoose does his thing.

NOTE the jab-overhand straight/hook-hybrid combo at 0:55. . . Lol he threw it so hard he lost his balance. .
            They both did their thing.

Harold Johnson was actually winning that fight and starting to tee off on him until Archie landed that stunning shot that hurt him.

Great comeback by the great Archie Moore but Johnson was real unlucky in that one.

Great fight the 5th one. Most of their 5 fight series were close fights the epitome of two real ATG's bringing the absolute best out of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              They both did their thing.

Harold Johnson was actually winning that fight and starting to tee off on him until Archie landed that stunning shot that hurt him.

Great comeback by the great Archie Moore but Johnson was real unlucky in that one.

Great fight the 5th one. Most of their 5 fight series were close fights the epitome of two real ATG's bringing the absolute best out of each other.

why do you think so many fights and ATG fighters in the past exchanged punches more? did they really have that much better chins, punch resistance and stamina? or are fighters just more cautionary today or what?

Comment

Moore-Johnson 5 was certainly one of em. Also Eddie Mustafa Muhammad vs Michael Spinks, John Conteh vs Jorge Ahumada and Eddie Mustafa vs Marvin Johnson. Also Michael Spinks vs Dwight M Qawi was great.

There, I gave u my top 5 actually!
                Last edited by Pastrano; 10-18-2011, 09:10 AM.

Comment

GREAT fight that most people haven't seen

Comment

Matthew Saad Muhammad vs Marvin Johnson I and II
                    Michael Spinks vs Yaqui Lopez, Spinks' best fight imo
                    Bob Foster vs Chris Finnegan
                    Archie Moore - Durelle I
                    Harding-Andries trilogy

All great fights, can't pick my favourite.

Comment

Working...
                    X