Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the first time you guy sparred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the first time you guy sparred?

How was your first sparring? How did it feel? Was it fun? Harsh? How many months after you started boxing did you do your first sparring? I'm into almost 8 months now, still the coach won't let me do it.

i think people should be thorw into sparring right away...

i cant remember cause i fought before i sparred

but i remeber being nervous as hell

got over it though

Comment

I didn't really know what to do so just threw and threw and the person took a knee and the coach stopped it.

Comment

Ummm right off the bat I started sparring and it was..... a learning experience..... We were going fast but light but I still found a way to get hit hard by leaning into an oncoming hook. After being knocked staggering I went right back at him! My plan for sparring was and still kinda is small goals: push the action or land at least on solid punch or don't get tagged hard because of head movement etc. Worked well for me.

Comment

I sparred the first night in the gym. I asked to spar somebody and I was told that new guys don't normally spar. I said that I'm not normal and how can somebody come to a boxing gym not looking to mix it up with someone.

They let me in and I did pretty good against a more experienced boxer. If I'd known what I was getting into I may have rather tried out for the schools golf team.....

Just kidding, wouldn't change a thing except for the girlfriend that I ended up with while fighting pro........Rockin'

Comment

first time i got there,,bad thing to do...

Comment

Got to spar the first time, got owned too but sparing is way more fun than hitting the bag or mits, pretty sure the endorphins get you high or something lol.

Comment

I will never forget mine it was brutal as hell hahaha i used to be really big and ripped so the first time i went to the gym ( i live in mexico ) .

They saw me kind of big and strong and my trainer ( wich was an old kind of crazy guy hahaha ) threw me in the ring with a tall guy ... i took a real beating over 2 rounds hahaha even went down a coupe of times and ended up with the worst black eye I have ever recieved.

Later i found out that my sparring rival was Michael medina hahaha wich was lke 16-0 as a pro hahaha the guy has fought martirosyan and john duddy hahahaa

Still i went back to training the next day and gained some respect.

Comment

First day I got into the gym, the coach told me to get in to spar. I actually did pretty good and I loved it and I have ever since.

Comment

My first time sparring I busted my friends nose!

The second time I got in with an experienced 20+ fighter, took a bit of a beating and came home with a blackeye. A good lesson taught for me, I needed one to be taught the harsh reality of Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X