Nate Marquardt Promises A Boring Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Marquardt Promises A Boring Fight

http://cagepages.com/2010/10/30/nate...-boring-fight/

Okay… Marquardt doesn’t say those words exactly, but why don’t you all tell me what you think when you read what he says.

When UFC middleweights Nate Marquardt and Yushin Okami do battle in Oberhausen, Germany at UFC 122, number one contender status will be on the line. This bout will serve as the night’s main event — yes, that is not a joke. I suppose since it is a free card we cannot complain about the lackluster match up too much.

What does worry me are Marquardt’s comments. If you really analyze what he says, he is promising a snooze fest.

“He’s a very hard guy to attack, so unless I can get him to come out of his shell and kind of attack me more, it could be a chess match until I find that opening and who knows how long that will take because this is for a title shot and I’m not going to go in there and try to put on the most exciting fight and lose the fight,” said Marquardt.

Translation: this is going to be a staring contest with someone waiting until the last minute to throw a punch and get the decision.

Okami is a counter fighter. He often looks for his opponent’s weaknesses before attacking them. If Marquardt looks to employ the same strategy, it is going to be a long fifteen minutes.

And G Dog almost was gonna watch the UFC event over Pac-Marg.....JK ...LMFAO

Comment

Working...
    X