Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hilarious predications of Andrew Golota vs Lennox Lewis done by boxing analysts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious predications of Andrew Golota vs Lennox Lewis done by boxing analysts

Reading some of the 90's articles on boxing and found some true gems regarding the Lewis-Golota fight.

Pre Fight 'predication'

"Golota will turn the fight into a war. he can take a shot. Lewis will try to keep his distance but won't be able to for long. Golota KO" - Robert Seltzer, El Paso Times.

"Golota will put too much pressure on Lewis, who will make the mistake of slugging it out with him." - Steve Sneddon, Gannet News Service

My personal favorite
    "Golota in two rounds - no contest. I think Lewis talks, but can't back it up with the the walk. Golota will absolutely be too much for him." - Dan Hirshberg, The Trentonian

"Golota will finish off Lewis." - Anthony Gargano, New York Post

Golota is one of a kind, Lennox is very over rated.Golota will force Lewis into his kind of a fight, and his power will be the determining factor in the bout." - Dave Bontempo, ESPN Boxing Analyst

"It'll be close through four, and then Golota hits and hurts Lewis in the fifth with a booming right. He then proceeds to wear Lewis down for a ninth-round win." - Chris Thorne, Newark Star-Ledger

Andrew Golota will end Lennox Lewis's career, he got frightening power and will destroy Lewis-Jim Trunzo

NY Times
    extremely confident that the Andrew Golota who clearly dominated both Riddick Bowe bouts would take out the weak-chinned Lennox Lewis. A new era begins. - Scott Tils.

Lmao.

This win is another one of these 'under rated' wins that really gets swept under the rug because Lewis made Golota into a bum after that fight.

As I read more and more articles regarding Lewis-Golota PRIOR to the fight happening, this was a massive massive upset by Lennox (at the time).

You can't just go 'well Lewis is an ATG and Golota did nothing afterwards', Lennox was a 1-4 under dog.

It's shocking to realize that Lewis was as BIG OF AN UNDER DOG AGAINST GOLOTA AS HOPKINS WAS AGAINST TRINIDAD.

Comment

Wow..

I heard Lennox was an underdog but I didn't realize people favored Golota over him that much.

Back then, yeah, this probably was a huge deal. Quite a victory for Lennox in the long run.

Andrew is one of those many classic wasted talents from the 1990's.

Comment

People compromise their integrity with stupidity. They just need to come out and talk how they really feel. If u really dislike someone for whatever reasons, it's best to just say that and that you purposely going against them.

Comment

Working...
        X