No announcement yet.

Temple shots and diving

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple shots and diving

After the wilder Scott fight a lot of people saying it was fixed but if there's one shot that gives the illusion of a dive it's the hook that scrapes through the temple without causing the head to move e.g tyson Berbick. I'm 50 50 on Scott's ko, what do people think and other examples of these kind of kos and dives

Looked like Scott was doing a pro wrestling ko in there... I'm pretty sure he quit or took a dive

Comment

I think the Scott KO is highly suspect. The way he looks up IMO shows that his faculties was intact.

Other notable dives include Tyson-Seldon. Gone from the wind so to say.

Comment

It is easy to think a fighter took a dive when he is hurt buy a punch that didn't appear damaging. The trend of assuming it is very common these days.
        I personally did not feel the punch or know how much it hurt so I tend to think in most cases it was legit. There are cases where a fighter enters the ring only to collect a payday like the Tor Hamer-Kertson Manswell bout last August, but I think Scott had every intention of winning, until he got hit.

That's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          It is easy to think a fighter took a dive when he is hurt buy a punch that didn't appear damaging. The trend of assuming it is very common these days.
          I personally did not feel the punch or know how much it hurt so I tend to think in most cases it was legit. There are cases where a fighter enters the ring only to collect a payday like the Tor Hamer-Kertson Manswell bout last August, but I think Scott had every intention of winning, until he got hit.

That's just my opinion.
          I feel the exact same way. The word "fix" is far too overused these days. The latest examples include Canelo-Angulo and Wilder-Scott. There are too many people that believe they can gauge the power of punches from comfortably looking at it on television. I don't think either fight was"fixed" or on any way unethical.

Comment

It is suspicious for sure, but anytime you get hit in the ear or temple your balance can be severely compromised. Just smack yourself in the ear gently, then translate that into a hard punching heavyweight punching you there.

That being said, I think Malik could have gotten up if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              It is suspicious for sure, but anytime you get hit in the ear or temple your balance can be severely compromised. Just smack yourself in the ear gently, then translate that into a hard punching heavyweight punching you there.

That being said, I think Malik could have gotten up if he wanted to.
              Of course he could have gotten up. It's very respectable that you can admit the obvious considering you have an agenda in favor of Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennyhill View Post
                Of course he could have gotten up. It's very respectable that you can admit the obvious considering you have an agenda in favor of Wilder.
                I don't care about Wilder one bit, and I don't think I've ever mentioned his name here before He's just another hard punching and totally untested heavyweight. Maybe he'll turn out to be the next David Price?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I don't care about Wilder one bit, and I don't think I've ever mentioned his name here before He's just another hard punching and totally untested heavyweight. Maybe he'll turn out to be the next David Price?
                  Price was a disappointment and I was very motivated to see him become a heavyweight champion from Liverpool where I live. Of course that didn't happen but his skills are far superior to Wilder who has the technique of a caveman. He obviously has very little intelligence and if he's ever forced to think in the ring he'll crumble.

Unfair comparison,mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennyhill View Post
                    Price was a disappointment and I was very motivated to see him become a heavyweight champion from Liverpool where I live. Of course that didn't happen but his skills are far superior to Wilder who has the technique of a caveman. He obviously has very little intelligence and if he's ever forced to think in the ring he'll crumble.

Unfair comparison,mate.
                    I baited that trap with a White fighter knowing it would get under your skin.

Comment

Working...
                    X