No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto: "It Will Go 12 Rounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto: "It Will Go 12 Rounds"

Having tasted the wrath of Manny Pacquiao and tested the rage of Shane Mosley’s blinding combinations, Miguel Cotto has an inkling of what will happen Saturday night when Pacquiao and Mosley finally get it on at the MGM Grand.

LAS VEGAS – Speaking to a mixed of Hispanic and Filipino scribes Thursday at the Pacquiao-Mosley media center, Cotto assured fight fans of a slambang showdown owing to the styles of the main event fighters.

“It’s going to be a great fight, a tough fight for both guys. The guy who presents more courage will provide difficult moments and he will win the fight,” said the 30 year-old Puerto Rican.

“Mosley is tough and Pacquiao is also tough and when you put these two fighters together, you are going to watch a war,” said Cotto, who was stopped in the 12th round by Pacquiao in 2009 and beat Mosley on a unanimous decision in 2007.

Pressed who is going to emerge victorious, Cotto was tightlipped but expressed the belief that the paying public will have their money’s worth because “it will go 12 rounds.”

Asked to compare the power of Pacquiao and Mosley, Cotto was a bit reluctant to point who among the two gave him more pain and punishment.

“It’s almost the same. The speed is the same. The explosiveness of Pacquiao is going to be the key,” said Cotto, who is still hopeful that he will one day get the chance to face the Filipino again. “I can still fight at welterweight,” he said.

Cotto is making that first step towards a rematch with Pacquiao when he meets one-time tormentor Antonio Margarito this September with a win over the Mexican giving him the right to ask for a second crack at the pound-for-pound king. Putting together a second Pacquiao-Cotto match can easily be done since they are under Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum’s Top Rank banner.

"I can still fight at welterweight"

and stupid arum is going to make him fight at 160!? :smh:

Comment

Asked to compare the power of Pacquiao and Mosley, Cotto was a bit reluctant to point who among the two gave him more pain and punishment.

It’s almost the same. The speed is the same. The explosiveness of Pacquiao is going to be the key,” said Cotto, who is still hopeful that he will one day get the chance to face the Filipino again. “I can still fight at welterweight,” he said.

Interesting thoughts from Cotto... who fought both fighters.

I still think Cottos best weight is at WW... he looked a lot slower at JMW and a bit too small to beat the good fighters with his brutal style. Compare the Cotto who fought Pac (first several rounds.. prior to getting KD) vs the Cotto that fought Foreman/Mayorga.. You will see a difference in speed. Those who claimed he was drained/draining himself at WW are......

Comment

Working...
      X