Manny Pacquiao has 1 good WW win imo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao has 1 good WW win imo

Lets look at who Manny has fought at WW:

DLH - seriously dude was on IV's and hadn't fought at WW in about 10 years, and was busted up by freaking Steve Forbes in his previous fight. DLH was shot and retired right after the fight.

Cotto - a good win for Manny but nothing more. Cotto was annihilated by Margarito and hasn't been the same since. After the Marg fight Cotto beat a bum for a vacant belt in Jennings and had a very close fight with Clottey, wow so what?

Clottey - this is a solid win but Clottey has never beaten anybody of consequence and he was coming off a loss to Cotto. Furthermore, the fight was boring as hell and Josh didn't even put up a fight.

Mosley-

JMM is next. So somebody please explain to me how Manny's WW run is so impressive?

It's more impressive when you realize he came from 135 pounds. Cotto & Clottey top guys no doubt. Mosley turned out to be a waste of time. Oscar was a big favorite at the time so that's all hindsight.

Comment

floyd has none though......just saying.....using your logic

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        It's more impressive when you realize he came from 135 pounds. Cotto & Clottey top guys no doubt. Mosley turned out to be a waste of time. Oscar was a big favorite at the time so that's all hindsight.
        Cotto post Margarito was a top guy based on what? Clottey was a top guy based on what? Beating Zab Judah, give me a break. Spare me the weight non sense, that's a flimsy excuse, Duran came up from LW to beat SRL at WW. His run at WW is average at best.

Comment

Didn't Mosley come up from LW to beat a prime DLH at WW? It's ok for Pacquiao to fight average at best competition at WW because he came up from 135lbs.
          Last edited by $tate of Mind; 08-08-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

The whole premise is based on Manny being a "smaller" man but we have seen how catch weights and smart match making can overcome any odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
              The whole premise is based on Manny being a "smaller" man but we have seen how catch weights and smart match making can overcome any odds.
              Wasn't Mosley smaller than DLH? Wasn't Duran smaller than Leonard? What Pacquiao has done has been done before, and in more impressive fashion. What he's done is average and nothing special.

Comment

The Oscar win is good because Oscar tried to cherry pick a lightweight, and the impressive way he completely dismantled Oscar.

Cotto goes unsaid.

Clottey had never been beaten like that, and was a proven top 5 type fighter at welterweight.

Mosley is the only not good win at welter for Manny, and it wasn't bad.

Comment

PPL forget so fast that Oscar cherrypicked him in order to duck Marg but what he is doing is still impressive because he is a LW physically who is over achieving

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    The Oscar win is good because Oscar tried to cherry pick a lightweight, and the impressive way he completely dismantled Oscar.

Cotto goes unsaid.

Clottey had never been beaten like that, and was a proven top 5 type fighter at welterweight.

Mosley is the only not good win at welter for Manny, and it wasn't bad.
                    Nope, I don't agree. DLH was a mummy. Cotto was damaged after Margairto, yet I still give him credit for a good win. Clottey is an average win, Josh didn't even try to win, please. Manny should be held to a higher standard, I mean we are talking about the fighter of the decade right?

Comment

Working...
                    X