Jose Sulaiman's latest gem: Boxing is clean of drugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Sulaiman's latest gem: Boxing is clean of drugs

WBC Statement on Chavez situation

"In the 50 years of history of the WBC there have been 13 cases in all its fights and only 2 have been in championship bouts…boxing is clean of drugs."

Jose Sulaiman, president of the World Boxing Council, says that the WBC has not yet received any notification from the Nevada Boxing Commission nor any laboratory regarding a positive doping test from Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Don Jose says whoever released that information has committed a serious violation of confidentiality. According to anti doping regulations, only the boxer, the Boxing Commission and the World Boxing Council, can be notified about the positive results, in order to give the boxer to have the chance to appoint a representative to be present at the opening of the second test, which has to be made in a special laboratory appointed by the WADA. The World Boxing Council has always waited for the “B” test to be sent to laboratories at UCLA, to continue the regulatory process via which a final decision is reached.

Sulaiman stated, “I also want to refute what my friend, the promoter Bob Arum, said to ESPN about that there’s no promoter or boxers who could pass the marijuana test, including himself, to which I’m absolutely and totally opposed. Because it is an irresponsible statement. I do not accept that all boxers and boxing people have ever consumed drugs.”

“In the 50 years of history of the WBC there have been 13 cases in all its fights and only 2 have been in championship bouts…boxing is clean of drugs.

“Finally, there are two types of personalities in the boxing commissions in the world. One that consists of commissioners who only care about guilt and punishment. But there are others, many of them in the WBC, that regardless of the punishment to be taken if rules are broken, that have a benevolent spirit. They help the boxer to try to rehabilitate and not just to be thrown it into an abyss.

“If the second test indicates that the first test was false there is nothing to pursue. But if the second test confirms the rumors, and Chavez accepts his guilt, the WBC will impose a punishment for Chavez Jr, in which he can be subjected to medical rehabilitation and then the WBC would open the door for him to resume his brilliant career.

“We hope that the Nevada Boxing Commission informs the WBC about developments, because while they only exclusively act on the violation concerning the specific instance, the WBC has its responsibility for the professional life of the boxers.”
    http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/wbc-statement-on-chavez-situation-137956

This guy man... Roids are considered drugs aren't they? And even if he meant recreational drugs I think that's a damn lie.

didnt eloy perez test positive for cocaine? haha this guy is a joke, they even gave a reason why chavez was smoking it, "insomnia"

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
      didnt eloy perez test positive for cocaine? haha this guy is a joke, they even gave a reason why chavez was smoking it, "insomnia"
      Oh snap, he sure did.

Comment

so if the WADA test b comes clean, does that mean WADA is corrupt also????

Comment

Nah you haters... Chavez has glaucoma and night terrors... totally justified

Comment

this guy must have been smoking with Bob and Chavez

Comment

if he didn't have night terrors then, he sure has them now.

Comment

Working...
              X