Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones looked great tonight, but lets not get carried away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones looked great tonight, but lets not get carried away.

He is still shot, and Lacy was more or less tailor made. No Jones would not beat Calzaghe ina rematch, he would still get stopped by Glenn Johnson, Dawson would UD him, and Hopkins would as well or possibly stop him late. Roy Jones should beat Green and retire as a cruiserweight titlist, because I think he would lose to all those I mentioned, and Adanek would do some sinister things to him.

He's not shot. He's just past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      He is still shot, and Lacy was more or less tailor made. No Jones would not beat Calzaghe ina rematch, he would still get stopped by Glenn Johnson, Dawson would UD him, and Hopkins would as well or possibly stop him late. Roy Jones should beat Green and retire as a cruiserweight titlist, because I think he would lose to all those I mentioned, and Adanek would do some sinister things to him.
      Finally some sense amongst the waves of Roy huggers I've been saying the same thing RJJ is done he only beats 2nd tier and sooner or later that will end too.

Comment

Originally posted by Žich LoŠ View Post
        He's not shot. He's just past his prime.
        He was "past his prime" in the first Tarver match.

He's "shot", now.

It's easy to look like "Superman" when you're fighting somebody as limited as Lacy, and I'll be honest ; the fact that some people around here were asking questions such as "Did Roy make a mistake picking Lacy?" had me literally pissing my pants in laughter.

I can't believe anybody thought Lacy even had a remote chance in this one.

Comment

I think the Glen fight could be competitive because Glen is starting to look old in there and is past it. Though I do agree Roy isn't "back" whatever that means, Roy is past his best and will continue to decline.... it happens to all fighters.

Comment

Quoted for truth.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              He was "past his prime" in the first Tarver match.

He's "shot", now.

It's easy to look like "Superman" when you're fighting somebody as limited as Lacy, and I'll be honest ; the fact that some people around here were asking questions such as "Did Roy make a mistake picking Lacy?" had me literally pissing my pants in laughter.

I can't believe anybody thought Lacy even had a remote chance in this one.
              Calzaghe > B-Hop & Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Žich LoŠ View Post
                Calzaghe > B-Hop & Jones
                I don't know about all that.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff488 View Post
                  I don't know about all that.
                  Calzaghe beat a prime Roy

Comment

Really, 40 year old Roy is now prime. Why because he beat a one dimensional Jeff Lacy?

Comment

Working...
                    X