Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Margaritto ever an Elite level fighter???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Margaritto ever an Elite level fighter???

I don't think so but obviously some in NSB think so. I just want to know why? Besides beating Cotto he ain't did **** in my opinion.

No he was not. He was a decent brawler club fighter. I would say Margarito was a C level fighter.

Comment

He was a good fighter and a solid WW for a long time.

But he is not even remotely close to HOF level.

Comment

depends what you define as 'elite'.

I think he was a solid fighter who for a while was one of the best Welterweights in the world. not exactly the most skilled guy ever but he had a hell of a chin and had an impressive workrate. imo he was already on the slide by the time he ran into Cotto, and that was his last good performance, nowadays he is kind of a shadow of what he once was.

anyone else remember ESPN saying that he would have beaten Hearns and Trinidad? lolololol. a lot of fighters get overrated just because theyre fighting currently, and of glad a reality check happened.

Comment

Plus he got exposed for being a cheater using Plaster. Didn't he even drink a questionable substance before the Pac fight?

Comment

Margarito was good, but a true elite fighter would never have the type of chin first defense that he has.

Margarito did prove that will can triumph over skill. That's only assuming he didn't cheat in his other fights pre-Mosley.

Comment

You can say he wasnt elite in terms of skill, but come on now the guy is a 3 time world champion. Thats got to count for something.

Comment

this should be good

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin LHook View Post
                  You can say he wasnt elite in terms of skill, but come on now the guy is a 3 time world champion. Thats got to count for something.
                  When there are a hundred belts out there owning one of them means nothing. Beating good competition means more. I give him props for beating Cotto and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin LHook View Post
                    Roger Mayweather was a 3 weight World Champion.

As a fighter, miles from elite.

Comment

Working...
                    X