Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury-Wilder will be for TBRB and Ring lineal championships in addition to the WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury-Wilder will be for TBRB and Ring lineal championships in addition to the WBC

Both Fury and Wilder are the top two heavyweights in the world according to Ring Magazine and TBRB.

That means their fight will determine the WBC champion, the Ring Magazine champion and TBRB’s lineal championship.

And I say good. If the alphabet titles didn’t exist, we would all agree this was the fight to determine the heavyweight championship of the world. Ruiz, Joshua, Parker and Whyte all regulated themselves to contender status by beating up on one another. Fury and Wilder are clearly the cream of the crop and that fight will clearly determine who the best heavyweight in the world is.

(To be fair, the Ring hasn’t been updated yet but I’m assuming Joshua who was at no.4 won’t leapfrog Wilder at no.2. Im assuming this because TBRB had Ruiz at no.1 when Ring had him at no.3 and Joshua didn’t leapfrog anyone at TBRB.)

Ring haven't even updated their rankings.

Comment

it should be. they're #1 and 2 in the division. joshua was knocked around the ring and stopped in 2019. he got by a diminished version of ruiz and looked fantastic, but in reality he's still rebuilding in relation to the two top fighters in the division, who've never had their butts kicked before.

he shoudl be happy. he will get the winner and he'll have a good chance of taking a W. they're all going to make a ****load of money, and boxing will get a ton of attention off of the backs of their three careers.

Comment

Did you read what I wrote? LMFAO

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Ring haven't even updated their rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          Did you read what I wrote? LMFAO
          If they haven't updated their rankings it's not confirmed they'll be 1 and 2 until they do.

Comment

Both Fury and Wilder are the top two heavyweights in the world according to Ring Magazine and TBRB.

That means their fight will determine the WBC champion, the Ring Magazine champion and TBRB’s lineal championship.

And I say good. If the alphabet titles didn’t exist, we would all agree this was the fight to determine the heavyweight championship of the world. Ruiz, Joshua, Parker and Whyte all regulated themselves to contender status by beating up on one another. Fury and Wilder are clearly the cream of the crop and that fight will clearly determine who the best heavyweight in the world is.
            Your logic doesn't make any sense.

Before Joshua's loss to Ruiz, he was #1 on most HW rankings. If there were no 'alphabet' titles, we would have had the so-called Real Heavyweight Champion of the World a long time ago. It would have been between Joshua and Wilder, as the holders of the 4 belts.

Comment

It’s highly unlikely Joshua would leapfrog From no. 4 to number no. 2 after beating the no.3 guy, especially when Wilder just beat the no. 6 fighter.

He had a shot in the TBRB rankings because Ruiz was no. 1 but it didn’t happen.

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              If they haven't updated their rankings it's not confirmed they'll be 1 and 2 until they do.

Comment

I don’t understand how you can determine Joshua and Wilder would have fought if there weren’t four titles.

Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
                Your logic doesn't make any sense.

Before Joshua's loss to Ruiz, he was #1 on most HW rankings. If there were no 'alphabet' titles, we would have had the so-called Real Heavyweight Champion of the World a long time ago. It would have been between Joshua and Wilder, as the holders of the 4 belts.

Comment

I don’t understand how you can determine Joshua and Wilder would have fought if there weren’t four titles.
                  You're right. Let me rephrase what I said.

Before Joshua's loss to Ruiz, he was #1 on most HW rankings. If there were no 'alphabet' titles, we would have had the so-called Real Heavyweight Champion of the World a long time ago. It would have been between Joshua and Whyte, because Wilder is utter garbage and wouldn't be so highly rated if it wasn't for the WBC Title.

Comment

Whyte and Joshua fought two weeks after Tyson Fury won the heavyweight championship by beating Wladimir Klitschko.

So that fight wouldn’t have been for the title.

Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
                    You're right. Let me rephrase what I said.

Before Joshua's loss to Ruiz, he was #1 on most HW rankings. If there were no 'alphabet' titles, we would have had the so-called Real Heavyweight Champion of the World a long time ago. It would have been between Joshua and Whyte, because Wilder is utter garbage and wouldn't be so highly rated if it wasn't for the WBC Title.

Comment

Working...
                    X