Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need advice. Should I watch boxing anylonger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice. Should I watch boxing anylonger?

Okay, its a little off topic but it has to do with boxing. Maybe some of you guys have experienced what I am going through. Yesterday, one of my real good friends passed away. He was a big part of my life and a huge fan of boxing. Almost every Saturday we would get together for the fights and kick back and drink a few brews. Well, now hes gone and its hard for me to imagine watching boxing without my bud. We were so geeked up for the Hatton/Pac fight and now I really could care less. I love this sport, its my favorite thing to watch but its so painful to think about watching the sport alone. What did you guys do to continue on when you lost someone that always got together to watch the fights?

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Okay, its a little off topic but it has to do with boxing. Maybe some of you guys have experienced what I am going through. Yesterday, one of my real good friends passed away. He was a big part of my life and a huge fan of boxing. Almost every Saturday we would get together for the fights and kick back and drink a few brews. Well, now hes gone and its hard for me to imagine watching boxing without my bud. We were so geeked up for the Hatton/Pac fight and now I really could care less. I love this sport, its my favorite thing to watch but its so painful to think about watching the sport alone. What did you guys do to continue on when you lost someone that always got together to watch the fights?
    Sorry to here that man. I know what you mean. Even though this may sound corny, I would continue to watch because that's what your friend would want. It may not be the same, but I'm sure you can find someone else to watch with.

Comment

Anytime you watch boxing from now on, you will likely be thinking of your dear friend.

But that shouldn't stop you from watching it.

You obviously fell in love with it for a reason, like the rest of us.

I doubt your friend would be very happy if you stopped watching it.

You need to watch Pacquiao and Hatton go at it for him.

Comment

ur never alone, ur friend is still watching it with you, u just cant see him anymore!

Comment

You don't need our advice for this. I'm sorry to hear that your friend passed away and I'm sure for a while watching boxing won't be the same without him, but like all of us, you'll eventually get over his passing and move on. He died yesterday, so I can only imagine the state of shock and disbelief you're in.

Don't stop watching, and keep your head held up high.

Comment

Sorry for you loss. All I can tell you is that whether you want to continue watching the sport is entirely up to you but I doubt he would have wanted you to stop watching the sport you love.

Comment

Soory about that bro. If boxing is sumthin you luv, don't drop it now. Maybe you'd be sad watchin without him, but try and think of it as payin respect. Just like a toast or a dedication to someone close you may have lost, watch the fight in his honor homey.

Comment

Sorry for your loss....But I say watch the fight. Some of your most fondest memories of your friend are prolly from watching boxing. That's something that yall enjoyed together so i think it is something you should celebrate. Every fight smile and look at the fight and remember how special and great your friend was

Comment

your friend wouldn't want you to stop watching something you enjoy.

Comment

**** man, what happened? Sorry for your loss.

Don't stop watching boxing. I don't think your friend would want that.

Comment

Working...
                    X