No announcement yet.

Final Punching Power Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Punching Power Debate

First let me say my gym has a boxer rated in the top 20 in the world, so training is excellent. I been boxing for almost a year and can tell you the majority comes from the arm. I can kick off my back foot, transfer my weight, twist in the foot, ankles, calfs, knees, hips(pull from opposite hip), thighs(pull from opposite thigh), weaist(again pull opposite), core/abs(pull opposite), chest(pull opposite), then throw from the shoulder/bicep-tricep/eblow/forearm/wrist then finally let the heavy fist go. At 5'9 140 can beat 90% in the gym in arm wrestling I can honestly say most power comes out of your arm.

I know a guy with multiple black belts who agrees along with thathe has a few years of boxing experience. Anyway I want a debate on this, i've been in dozens of street fights and can tell you I'd rather fight a boxer than a random hobo who has a slingshot of an arm. So yeah.. disagree and I hope you catch a great white.

Originally posted by Pinocchio View Post
    At 5'9 140 can beat 90% in the gym in arm wrestling I can honestly say most power comes out of your arm.
    The arm wresteling forum is that way ->

Comment

Point is I'm blessed and can tell you without genetics throwing a perfect punch is worthless. Especially without that "tight ligament" genetic.

Comment

Point is I'm blessed and can tell you without genetics throwing a perfect punch is worthless. Especially without that "tight ligament" genetic.
        because you can beat 90% of your gym at arm wrestling? congrats, youve figured it all out...and i bet you didnt even have to turn your hat backwards.

134 (KO 100) lost 4 (KO 3) drawn 2

Biceps

11 3/4 - 14

Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-07-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

You mad I can move a 125 pound bag in ways you never will be able to?

Comment

You mad I can move a 125 pound bag in ways you never will be able to?
            I was chilling my friend who works as a bouncer, hes about 6'4" 250-280lbs of muscle im 6'4" 210 ish, lanky.

so he wants to play this game with me where we punch each other in the arm to see who can last the longest.

on the first punch he nails my arm, dosnt hurt much but i go flying across the room.

so its my turn, i throw a left hook with correct form, my friend barely even moves...unfortunatly for him my punches dont push, they impact like a punch should, i gave him the worst dead arm hed had in a long time and he had to give up on the game, after 1 proper punch.

the point im making is, when you punch some one or something the energy is transfered, if the person or thing goes flying, the energy went twords making that person or thing go flying, while if the person or thing stays still, that energy goes twords breaking bones, brusing muscles, and ratteling the brain.

if your heavybags flying all over the place, all your doing is pushing your opponet around and thats no way to win unless you got a 3 kd rule.
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-07-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

I think you're being trolled Sully.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                I think you're being trolled Sully.
                I was supposed to unbox monitors, monitor stands, thin client, thin client stands, and keyboards tonight when i got to work. when i got in i found that some one had allready done it, Im bored.

Comment

Stop making excuses. I throw hard, solid punches that snap back almost instantly. I can't help I'm so blessed it moves a 125 pound bag to that point. I can tell you without throwing my arm into it I lost most of my power. That's the point of this topic. Throwing a punch into the bag without your arm.

Comment

Stop making excuses. I throw hard, solid punches that snap back almost instantly. I can't help I'm so blessed it moves a 125 pound bag to that point. I can tell you without throwing my arm into it I lost most of my power. That's the point of this topic. Throwing a punch into the bag without your arm.
                    i had a whole bunch of advise typed out but then i realized given your lack of understanding youd probly just get confused and then id end up explaining why left straights arnt jabs and you telegraph when you throw them.

I wish you the best of luck in the boxing field, and if you stick to it long enough you might understand why arm wresteling has nothing to do with punching.

though i will tell you that working proper distance will be greatly useful.
                    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-07-2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X