Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys tried Kickboxixng before...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys tried Kickboxixng before...

i was wondering if anyone of you guys tried kickboxing in it before................

if you still train in it, you did train in it in the past, but then moved to regular boxing....

The stances are different in kick boxing you leave yourself more open in order to balance a kick...it's kind of different but I hate kicking...so it depends what you like...

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
      The stances are different in kick boxing you leave yourself more open in order to balance a kick...it's kind of different but I hate kicking...so it depends what you like...
      the stances are different, i know...im just wondering if any of you guys ever trained in it before...... or still train in it..

alot of people i know, training in boxing, have tried it before, but didn't like getting kicked, so they stopped......

Comment

yeah i train in kickboxing, used to train a bit in boxing but prefer kickboxing

Comment

I kickboxed in 2009 for 1 year, then switched to boxing. To me it seems like kickboxing requires no footwork and 2 guys are just walking each other down and kicking the **** out of each others legs and body.
          Boxing is so much beautiful and is a sweet science.

Comment

look at it this way...legs are for walking, hands are for fighting. Got it?

Comment

Until someone clinches you and knees you in the face.

I've trained Muay Thai and Boxing for a little over the past two years, have competed in 3 amateur MMA fights.

Obviously Muay Thai and Boxing are two completely different sports, and have two completely different approaches. If you just walk someone down trying to punch/kick in Muay Thai you will get obliterated, you must use angles and proper footwork. The footwork in Muay Thai is much different than Boxing, but trust me if you have no footwork and don't understand angles you will not have success in Muay Thai.

Also, Kickboxing & Muay Thai are not the same sport either. This discussion gets much deeper, but the main differences are in Muay Thai you can punch, elbow, knee, and kick anywhere on the body, except the groin however. Kickboxing, I believe you can't kick below the waist and there are no elbows. Not sure about the knees...

With all that said, nothing is better than watching a great boxing match or a fight in K-1. I believe Boxing & Muay Thai to be much more developed and mature sports than MMA, and completey different as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
                look at it this way...legs are for walking, hands are for fighting. Got it?
                imagine how strong you would be if you do the opposite.

Comment

combat sports are not won with angles kicks or punches they are won
                  in the mind see your self win and you will the better fighter wins there are
                  fighters from boxing that can blast out blk belts with one punch & kick boxers
                  that can beat boxers its all depends on the fighter the individual the mind set

Comment

i picked up kickboxing as a teenager. i like some of the base work, but some of what was offered as "self defence" was laughable. of course, i am not speaking for all instructors, but the one i met seemed a bit "off."

i picked up more nonformally from a guy who could scrap pretty well. combinations of basic punches and kicks works well in a fight, i can say that.

from there, i moved on.

Comment

Working...
                    X