Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rate floyd as an all time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you rate floyd as an all time great?

I only started following boxing roughly 4-5 years ago and was just wondering where he sits roughly.

Originally posted by pvenditto88 View Post
    I only started following boxing roughly 4-5 years ago and was just wondering where he sits roughly.
    I say top 10. I place him ahead of Hearns and Duran just to throw a lil salt on the wound.

Comment

Amazing if anyone can even have him in the 50!

180. Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        I say top 10. I place him ahead of Hearns and Duran just to throw a lil salt on the wound.

how so??????.............please explain??????

Comment

top 45-55 i think

Comment

why people act like they have a top 100 ATG list? as if you been watching boxing since it was invented

I would say in this era Floyd #2 and #1 being Roy Jones and he is without a doubt the best pure boxer of his generation

Comment

Top 200 at best.. I'm already generous giving it to Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                how so??????.............please explain??????
                First of all Hearns was one dimensional. And half that after he took a shot or two. He was very exciting with that killer straight right but after that, what? Do you really in your heart of hearts think he would have stood a chance against Mayweather? A lot of exciting fights but the drama was always high because of that supect chin.

Duran ****in quit in the second fight with Leonard. Thats a enough for me but I will go on. Duran was a bully fighter like Mayorga but more accurate. Like Hatton, he shines against stationary targets and does a lot of reaching. But he was easily frustrated and fairly easy to hit. Floyd,IMO, would run rings around him for 12rds. Floyd would never make the mistake Leonard made which is fight Duran's fight.

Floyd is as close as Ive seen to mastering the science in every aspect. I know everyone says he's all defense but real boxing fans know that is far from the case. I know for a fact that atleast 41 boxers and multiple sparring partners can confirm that. It boils down to hit and not get hit and no one since Ive been alive has done it better against such a high level of competion.

Comment

i would say if your talking about p4p through history then overall mayweather is somewhere between 15 - 20th. arguably he might of beat some of those ahead of him but they would have accomplished alot more and been capable of things that he wasnt. my top 5 p4p is:

1.ray robinson
                  2.duran
                  3.julio cesar chavez
                  4.hagler
                  5.george foreman

my list favours my love of those who actually fight like your supposed to

Comment

Originally posted by pvenditto88 View Post
                    I would say Floyd is outside of the top 50 but not top 60.

You really cannot rate someone who btch-retires twice and ducks top opposition highly.

Only morons and *****s would do that. The kind who doesnt know boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X