Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan a good sparring partner for Manny?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Khan a good sparring partner for Manny?

i know in camp they have various partners they rotate around but Roach was saying Khan is going to prepare Manny for Floyd

how exactly?

he's incredibly quick but thats about it

why wouldn't Roach get someone with more experience to spar with Manny I don't understand this there must be fighters out there

i guess there's no preparing for Floyd just like there's no way for Floyd to prepare for Pacquiao

i still think though that his boxing skill will be enough to get the job done Floyd can adapt mid fight if he has to Pacquiao mainly does the same thing and we haven't seen him be outboxed in a long time how is he going to deal with it

The speed... Mayweather is still incredibly fast as is Khan.

The styles are not too similar and Mayweather actually has a decent chin, unlike Khan. I can see Roach maybe using Forbes or Guzman as well if they aren't too fat.

Comment

All about the speed, I assume they can get Khan to do his best to simulate Floyd's style.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
        i know in camp they have various partners they rotate around but Roach was saying Khan is going to prepare Manny for Floyd

how exactly?

why wouldn't Roach get someone with more experience to spar with Manny I don't understand this there must be fighters out there

i guess there's no preparing for Floyd just like there's no way for Floyd to prepare for Pacquiao

i still think though that his boxing skill will be enough to get the job done Floyd can adapt mid fight if he has to Pacquiao mainly does the same thing and we haven't seen him be outboxed in a long time how is he going to deal with it
        Khan has the quickness and the movement. So Pac can get used to the speed sparring Khan. I would also like for them to get Steve Forbes he uses the shoulder he has the experience cagey veteran who could help Pac. Joan Guzman also has a Floyd style and is very skilled. If Lamont Peterson loses to Bradley. Then Peterson could be another good sparring partner. Has skills, speed, quickness, talent, and is pretty smart in the ring. I would also get Rashad Hallow who is a very good gym fighter. And, can somewhat emulate Floyd style. If Roach can get those 5 to spar with Manny. Then Pac will be well prepared.

However, the problem I see with Forbes is that he might be too loyal to the Mayweathers that he might not want to do it. The problem I see with Peterson is that if he beats Bradley. He will be a champ and not might want to be a sparring partner anymore. He might see himself as the guy who could fight Pac next. And, the problem with Guzman is that he might be too proud to do it. He has history with Pac.

So that leaves Khan and Halloway as the 2 for sure guys that Roach will use as sparring partner. And, that is not bad at all. Is pretty good. But, if you can add Forbes, Guzman, and Peterson. That will be just perfect.
        Last edited by jrosales13; 12-08-2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Roach is losing it........

Khan fights nothing like Mayweather..........and hes a 22 year old kid worried about his own career I doubt he can emulate an ATG like Floyd.......

Dumb as move by Roach........

Roach aint gon let Pac hurt Khan..theyre BOTH his fighters....stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner View Post

Khan fights nothing like Mayweather..........and hes a 22 year old kid worried about his own career I doubt he can emulate an ATG like Floyd.......

Roach aint gon let Pac hurt Khan..theyre BOTH his fighters....stupid
            That has never stopped him before...

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner View Post

Roach aint gon let Pac hurt Khan..theyre BOTH his fighters....stupid.
              First of all you are proving that you do not know **** about sparring if you think it is about hurting the other guy.

Second, I don't think Khan would be a good fit. I think Lamont Peterson is the best fit on the planet. If Lamont beats Bradley I would say Anthony Peterson is also a very very very good fit to be the chief sparring partner. Khan is way to easy to hit for Manny. Floyd is not going to be easy to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post

how exactly?

they need khan to train for the jab (if floyd decides to use it) and the right cross (which floyd will for sure throw).

Comment

Is Khan a good sparring partner for Manny?

I think Manny is a good sparrin partner 4 khan.

its all about khan.. freddie is hypin his second fosterling.

after the badass knockout khan is rising up just like pac. get a belt, beat MAB, WTF is he doing next...?

Comment

Originally posted by cleaner147 View Post
                    I think Manny is a good sparrin partner 4 khan.

its all about khan.. freddie is hypin his second fosterling.

after the badass knockout khan is rising up just like pac. get a belt, beat MAB, WTF is he doing next...?
                    To prepare for Khan who? Judah?

I can see this

Comment

Working...
                    X