Tore my pec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tore my pec

Aint that a *****...

Yesterday on the flat bench...Wasn't maxing, just doing kinda heavy weight for me but something that I coud easily handle. Did several warm up sets and gradually worked my way up to the weight.

On my 4th rep felt the muscle in my right chest basically rupture. Yelped and dropped the weight right on my chest. I screamed like Arnold holding a torch calling for The Predator. Whole gym stopped and looked at me. Had no spotter so some serious adrenalin kicked in and I basically tossed 275 off of me like it was just the bar.

No brusing on the skin but my chest is majorly swollen. Pain aint too bad, not unbearable. Just feels majorly sore which makes me wonder if it was just a bad pull. But a pull is basically a tear anyway, so I'm just hoping it aint serious or in need of surgery. I'm just icing that **** every hour.

Last edited by Bucktown Beast; 03-14-2007, 05:52 PM.

ouch........

Comment

Oxycodon would help your pain.

Yeah, get well fast.

Comment

Yeh that sounds ****ing painful man. good luck with getting on the mend maybe see a doctor

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
          Yeh that sounds ****ing painful man. good luck with getting on the mend maybe see a doctor
          Thanks. It was indeed a crazy feeling when it happened...just BOOM and felt the muscle cave in. Basically every benchers worst nightmare. This sucks.

Comment

should have used a spotter.

Comment

Inujuries suck man like ****ing anything. I once ****ed up my breastbone at tapping it hurt. I was round my grandmas and grandpas and couple of my younger cousins play rough like and Im game apart from the fact Im scared of hurting them because I at the time was like 14 and they were like 9 and 6. But yeh ****ed up my breastbone and was worried they were gonna ****ing hit me there incase it dropped me! imagine that ffs a 9 or 6 year old its ****ish.

So yeah injuries suck but yours sounds ****ing painful man

My pa sympathises with you too

Comment

Originally posted by IronNick View Post
                should have used a spotter.
                Woulda made no difference. I wasn't struggling with the weight. I've done it many times before by myself. I only use a spotter when I'm going beyond what I think I can handle. And anyway a good spotter knows only to assist you if you're struggling to get the weight up. He wouldnt have been able to get the weight off my chest either, so. Sucks for me either way.

Comment

That sucks, get better soon.

Comment

I feel for you man. I tore my hamstring while running sprints, and I know that pain. The first time it happens its a shock. I think its the confidence issue thats the worst because I pulled it again a couple times after that. Just make sure it heals 100% before you lift again.

Comment

Working...
                    X