Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im confused about the WEIGHT of Pacquiao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im confused about the WEIGHT of Pacquiao.

I see posters saying he used to come in at WW (141-147) back when he was at the lower weights. They use that to make the point that he hasnt really gained any weight at all. Which is fine. Ok Cool.

But I also see posters saying Pac is just a little itty bitty guy beating bigger fighters. I read that hes a light weight on here and what hes doing is so amazing.

But if you guys say Pac never gained any weight and is where he should be at this stage which is WW. How the hell is him beating "bigger" guys so impressive?

Which is it fellas.

I wiped my ignore list clean because I want to get his hardcore fans take on this.

Originally posted by no ceilings View Post
    i see posters saying he used to come in at ww (141-147) back when he was at the lower weights. They use that to make the point that he hasnt really gained any weight at all. Which is fine. Ok cool.

But i also see posters saying pac is just a little itty bitty guy beating bigger fighters. I read that hes a light weight on here and what hes doing is so amazing.

But if you guys say pac never gained any weight and is where he should be at this stage which is ww. How the hell is him beating "bigger" guys so impressive?

Which is it fellas.

I wiped my ignore list clean because i want to get his hardcore fans take on this.
    well the guys hes fighting at welterweight come in close to 160....right? And have some inches on him as well.......

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
      well the guys hes fighting at welterweight come in close to 160....right? And have some inches on him as well.......
      Oscar was 148. Cotto wasnt anywhere near 160.

Clottey was the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        I see posters saying he used to come in at WW (141-147) back when he was at the lower weights. They use that to make the point that he hasnt really gained any weight at all. Which is fine. Ok Cool.

But I also see posters saying Pac is just a little itty bitty guy beating bigger fighters. I read that hes a light weight on here and what hes doing is so amazing.

But if you guys say Pac never gained any weight and is where he should be at this stage which is WW. How the hell is him beating "bigger" guys so impressive?

Which is it fellas.

I wiped my ignore list clean because I want to get his hardcore fans take on this.
        I cant remember fully but here in the uk newspaper compared the fight night weight of Pac. I believe pac is a legit light welter, it is impressive because you got clueless people who don't see pac was biding his name, learning his trade at the lower weights and had room for mistake by using his weigh to hang in fights.

He is beating bigger fighters now because like against marquez I think his fight night weight was like 144 or something near that. To me he is a proper light welter, but I would like to see his weight against his next fighter at 147, he was 146 against clottey and until we see his fight night weight we wont know if he is now a legit welter or not

Comment

The "weight" Pacquaio put on after the weigh-in's in the super-featherweight division was water-weight. He would look ripped at the weigh-in, and then hydrate up to 144 to his natural weight for his ring entrance.

Almost overnight, after the Marquez rematch, suddenly he's looking just as ripped at 140 and 147lb weigh-ins, then hydrating up to an unknown weight that isn't disclosed by HBO. Ariza stated against Clottey, "Pacquiao will weigh more in the ring than he ever has in this fight".

He's replaced those 10 to 14lbs of water-weight with lean muscle after his fight with Marquez.

So while on paper, the numbers are close, they don't tell the whole story about the changes of Pacquiao's body.

Comment

Oscar was 148. Cotto wasnt anywhere near 160.

Clottey was the only one.
            well he would whoop de la hoya regardless......and how much do u think cotto weighed? atleast 156

Comment

Pac can easily make 140. And, he is beating WWs. If that is not smaller beating bigger guys then I don't know what is.

When Floyd fiirst got to WW he could still make 140 easily now not so much but a couple years ago he could easily. And, he was beating WWs. Again if a JWW is beating is not called beating bigger guys I don't know what is. Now Floyd can not make 140 IMO anymore. And, is fighting guys his size

Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, and Khan can easily make 140. However, by fight fight night they're in the high 140's maybe Maybe Maidana low 150's... So apparently they're the same size of Pac matter fact they might be bigger than Pac.

Out of all the top 10 WW fighters. Who is the shortest? Who has the smallest reach? Who weigh-ins the lowest? Who by fight night comes in the lowest? Just look at the top 10 WWs... So how is he not beating bigger guys

Comment

Which is it fellas.

Really????? I broke this down to a T for you burner and you still ask this question? I mean seriously....dude is a LW who is dominating top 5 WW's. I don't get what part of him coming in fight night weighing 144-149 since 05-06 that you don't get?

His talent and skills is what is helping him dominate at a higher class just like when Robinson was a natural WW still dominating MW's.

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
                  well he would whoop de la hoya regardless......and how much do u think cotto weighed? atleast 156
                  Id say Cotto was 150-155. He didnt look as heavy as he was in the Urkal fight when he was clearly a 160 Pounder.

Comment

Which is it fellas.

Well all of this is true still because he is still smaller than all of the top WWs in the world while he is maybe the same size now and has been for a long time as many but still not all of the top jWWs.

Comment

Working...
                    X