No announcement yet.

Hearne deal with DAZN is a bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearne deal with DAZN is a bust

DAZN need 1.05 million us monthly subscribers average for 8 years to break even. They have an out after 24 months to void this whole deal. Hearn better not blow all his upfront cash on signing bonuses or he will be bankrupt in 3-4 years. They can opt out of the 500 million payment due year 3.

stop hating he's getting paid regardless all the worries are on DAZN not Hearn he's in the clear no matter what

Comment

I think they know what theyre doing. Theyve done 1.5 million subscribers in 2 years in Japan. Take Hearn out of it, hes just someone theyve appointed to lead it. Then you have a company thats paying more than HBO and Showtime combined, that wants to destroy the competition. Dont let the Hearn thing blind you

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
        DAZN need 1.05 million us monthly subscribers average for 8 years to break even. They have an out after 24 months to void this whole deal. Hearn better not blow all his upfront cash on signing bonuses or he will be bankrupt in 3-4 years. They can opt out of the 500 million payment due year 3.
        Your maths sounds way out of wack. Care to show your working?

Comment

I believe this is part of a bigger plan to build international stars in partnership with the PBC

Comment

D+ troll thread

If you'd had shown your work with your math equation I woulda given you a C-.

Comment

DAZN is an international service. They don't need subs solely from the US. They'll have the international rights, which means all the fans in countries where DAZN is available will need to sign up to see the fights. US is a big part of their targeted market but not the only part.
              Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 05-15-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                Your maths sounds way out of wack. Care to show your working?
                Yeah sounds off to me too. I used a calculator $20 per month, 1.05M people would be an income of 252M per year. No idea how TS came up with his numbers.

Comment

Okay nm the troll maybe on to something.

I just tried to sign up for their mailing list & it said to enter a valid address. I did mfer!!! How these cats don't got a good mailer setup.

Comment

I've had DAZN for about 9 months now...very good service... especially in Canada with the NFL package.

Comment

Working...
                    X