Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather to be ringside at Khan-Peterson!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather to be ringside at Khan-Peterson!!

FLOYD MAYWEATHER is ready to target Amir Khan after taking care of business against Miguel Cotto.

‘Money’ Mayweather challenges the Puerto Rican WBA world light-middleweight champion at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas tonight.

He will then cross the Strip in two weeks to be ringside at Mandalay Bay, spying on Khan, who will *attempt to regain the IBF and WBA crowns from Lamont Peterson, who controversially out-pointed him back in December.

Mayweather has won all of his 42 professional fights and said: “Right now, I am focused on Cotto, but I have one eye on Amir and can’t wait to see his rematch against Lamont.”

Both fighters are promoted by *Oscar de la Hoya’s Golden Boy *company and the bout could be made quite easily, even though Mayweather will start a 90-day jail term next month for assault.

The proposed fight would *generate huge TV revenue both sides of the Atlantic.

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said: “Floyd against Amir is a fight we are looking at, but perhaps it would be best if Khan had two fights at *welterweight.

“But you never know. If Amir looks sensational against Lamont Peterson, it could happen this year.”

The company’s president De la Hoya added: “Amir has a very *difficult fight against Peterson in front of him.

“I will say more after Amir fights Peterson. If Amir wins, he’s in line to face the best, like Manny *Pacquiao and Floyd.”

Mayweather’s clash against Cotto is doing colossal business, with US pay-per-view sales expected to hit around £60m.

In their long careers, the pair have become multi-millionaires, with their combined pay-per-view fights grossing £400m.

If Cotto loses his crown, he will be in danger of becoming a stepping stone for boxers like Saul *Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Mayweather, 35, added: “Just *because Cotto is not Floyd Mayweather doesn’t mean he is not a good fighter.
    Bleeder

“He must be doing something right, but I am too agile and quick.

“He is not going to be able to outfight me. Just look at him. He cuts, swells and his eyes close. He is a bleeder, I am not. If you have cut before, you will cut again.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/inthering...mir-Khan-plan/

Khan would have take a fight at 147 while Mayweather sits in prison between August/september before he faces Mayweather, provided he beats peterson..

Comment

Amir won't be fighting until November/December next anyway.

Comment

I would hope that Khan fights Devon Alexander in August first, so that he can beat a Top WW fighter first. If Khan beats Peterson and Alexander, that fight is fine by me for December. Who else is he going to fight in December??? Sergio is fighting in September, Pac isn't happening, Alvarez will probably fight his first Top SWW since Rhodes in September and that fight makes more sense for May 2013 anyway, who else???

If Khan beats Peterson and Alexander, he will have wins over Maidana, Judah, Peterson, and Alexander, that's not too bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
          FLOYD MAYWEATHER is ready to target Amir Khan after taking care of business against Miguel Cotto.
          And this is based on what? Pure assumptions cause he's gonna be ringside? Mayweather hasn't even mentioned Khan's name once.

Comment

What is £60m to Americans??? Just wondering, because I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              I would hope that Khan fights Devon Alexander in August first, so that he can beat a Top WW fighter first. If Khan beats Peterson and Alexander, that fight is fine by me for December. Who else is he going to fight in December??? Sergio is fighting in September, Pac isn't happening, Alvarez will probably fight his first Top SWW since Rhodes in September and that fight makes more sense for May 2013 anyway, who else???

If Khan beats Peterson and Alexander, he will have wins over Maidana, Judah, Peterson, and Alexander, that's not too bad at all.
              Amir khan is not fighting in august. Ramadan starts end of July so he won't even start camp until September prob. So he'll next fight in December or November

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                Amir khan is not fighting in august. Ramadan starts end of July so he won't even start camp until September prob. So he'll next fight in December or November
                Than I hope it's not against Floyd. If he fights Floyd in December coming off beating Peterson, it'll be an alright fight with his wins over Maidana-Judah-Peterson, but only really a B fight or so. I would hope that he fights a Top WW first.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post

‘Money’ Mayweather challenges the Puerto Rican WBA world light-middleweight champion at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas tonight.

He will then cross the Strip in two weeks to be ringside at Mandalay Bay, spying on Khan, who will *attempt to regain the IBF and WBA crowns from Lamont Peterson, who controversially out-pointed him back in December.

Mayweather has won all of his 42 professional fights and said: “Right now, I am focused on Cotto, but I have one eye on Amir and can’t wait to see his rematch against Lamont.”

Both fighters are promoted by *Oscar de la Hoya’s Golden Boy *company and the bout could be made quite easily, even though Mayweather will start a 90-day jail term next month for assault.

The proposed fight would *generate huge TV revenue both sides of the Atlantic.

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said: “Floyd against Amir is a fight we are looking at, but perhaps it would be best if Khan had two fights at *welterweight.

“But you never know. If Amir looks sensational against Lamont Peterson, it could happen this year.”

The company’s president De la Hoya added: “Amir has a very *difficult fight against Peterson in front of him.

“I will say more after Amir fights Peterson. If Amir wins, he’s in line to face the best, like Manny *Pacquiao and Floyd.”

Mayweather’s clash against Cotto is doing colossal business, with US pay-per-view sales expected to hit around £60m.

In their long careers, the pair have become multi-millionaires, with their combined pay-per-view fights grossing £400m.

If Cotto loses his crown, he will be in danger of becoming a stepping stone for boxers like Saul *Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Mayweather, 35, added: “Just *because Cotto is not Floyd Mayweather doesn’t mean he is not a good fighter.
                  Bleeder

“He must be doing something right, but I am too agile and quick.

“He is not going to be able to outfight me. Just look at him. He cuts, swells and his eyes close. He is a bleeder, I am not. If you have cut before, you will cut again.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/inthering...mir-Khan-plan/

Why, so Floyd can see first hand, the beating Peterson is going to put on Khan? Then Floyd will be fighting Lamont instead of Khan. Khan has got that pedestal syndrome...he thinks he is something he is not and he thinks he is a mega star. He's primed for failure....again.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    And this is based on what? Pure assumptions cause he's gonna be ringside? Mayweather hasn't even mentioned Khan's name once.
                    he mentioned his name in the article if you bothered to read it.

Comment

Working...
                    X