Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barack Obama, champion of the gay community!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack Obama, champion of the gay community!

Oh wait....

http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...ge-second-term

He switches stances once again. This is basically him admitting he only wanted gay people and pro gay rights people's votes and not actually to help them.

Thanks for your vote...

"First of all, I've been very clear about my belief that same-sex couples have to be treated before the eyes of the law the same way as heterosexual couples," he told MTV's Sway Calloway. "I think that's the right thing to do. It's based on my personal experience, seeing loving couples who are committed to each other, raising kids and are just outstanding people," he added. "And I was supportive of civil unions, but they taught me, if you're using different words, if you're somehow singling them out, they don't feel true equality."

Wow yeah, Obama must have been just lying to get votes according to the interview in which he also said the comments above.

Gay marriage is an issue for the individual states now it seems, and state after state is endorsing gay marriage.

Comment

Here is what baffles me with gays (I have nothing against them).

Being gay is a personal choice.

Having gay relationships is also a personal choice.

Then why are they trying to push for gay marriage when the very nature of being gay and gay relationships is PURELY PERSONAL??

Why include the STATE in a matter of PERSONAL CHOICE???

At a time when the US is at the brink of economic collapse, less government is better.

Comment

Should we add this to the broken promise list from his last term or for the new broken promise list of his second term.

Comment

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post

So you are attracted to the same sex then. I think it is courageous of you to come out in this way.

Because that's what you're saying. When you say "being gay is a personal choice" what you're telling us is that you are sexually attracted to members of the same sex as well as to members of the opposite sex. Therefore you are able to make a decision as to which attraction you will pursue.

I don't want you to feel like a freak for having these less mainstream urges, but being attracted to members of the same sex puts you in the minority. That's just a fact. That doesn't mean it isn't OK to have those urges.

Having gay relationships is also a personal choice.
          To a degree yes, I suppose it is. If you happened to be gay (see my explanation above) it would indeed be a matter of choice whether or not to pursue a gay relationships. But bear in mind that the same is true for heterosexual relationships as well. You have a choice whether or not to pursue a relationship with someone, but most people who are unable to become desperately unhappy as a result. People are social animals, we do well with deep personal connections.

Then why are they trying to push for gay marriage when the very nature of being gay and gay relationships is PURELY PERSONAL??
          Heterosexual relationships are also entirely personal.

Why include the STATE in a matter of PERSONAL CHOICE???

At a time when the US is at the brink of economic collapse, less government is better.
          So you are advocating for the abolition of marriage?

Comment

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post

you cease to be taken seriously after your first sentence you God damn zealot.

Comment

I find ****sexuality to be vomit inducing but, its the right of the individual to choose who they let blow loads up their ass. If the state ok's their right to marry then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                I find ****sexuality to be vomit inducing but, its the right of the individual to choose who they let blow loads up their ass. If the state ok's their right to marry then so be it.
                "If you don't like gay marriage don't marry one."

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  seems like common sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    So you are attracted to the same sex then. I think it is courageous of you to come out in this way.

Because that's what you're saying. When you say "being gay is a personal choice" what you're telling us is that you are sexually attracted to members of the same sex as well as to members of the opposite sex. Therefore you are able to make a decision as to which attraction you will pursue.

I don't want you to feel like a freak for having these less mainstream urges, but being attracted to members of the same sex puts you in the minority. That's just a fact. That doesn't mean it isn't OK to have those urges.

To a degree yes, I suppose it is. If you happened to be gay (see my explanation above) it would indeed be a matter of choice whether or not to pursue a gay relationships. But bear in mind that the same is true for heterosexual relationships as well. You have a choice whether or not to pursue a relationship with someone, but most people who are unable to become desperately unhappy as a result. People are social animals, we do well with deep personal connections.

Heterosexual relationships are also entirely personal.

So you are advocating for the abolition of marriage?
                    Are u on crack sir?

Im going to take it slow so you can understand good sir. Please bear with me good sir.

Gays and Lesbians are a matter of choice.

Heterosexual marriages are a question of national policy and morality. Something your founding fathers believed in.

Gays and Lesbians have the free will to follow their preferences, but the vision of your founding fathers which is a country under God must be upheld.

Of course if you have a vision running counter to that then it is your personal choice.

Now good Sir Squeel. Have I made it clear now good sir? Hopefully so.

@Tim Horton

And why not good sir. Isn't just hearing one side of the spectrum in itself is wrong?

Comment

Working...
                    X