Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats up with the praise for Broner sub-par Performance last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with the praise for Broner sub-par Performance last night?

Adrien Broner got the W like he was supposed to, expected to, so whats to praise?

His performance was sub-par Reese won over the crowd and he brought the fight to Broner, Only success Broner had was due to size, he didn't awe or ooh the crowd with his skills, he was out show boated, out worked, and out hearted by the 5'4 Rees.

Broner got the W last night but nothing else, this didn't raise his stock but lowered it in fact, he apologized last night as he should have for his piss poor performance as he should be embarrassed about.

What did broner do that he wasnt expected to do to this cherry pick of a fighter?

Originally posted by Thad Castle View Post
    Adrien Broner got the W like he was supposed to, expected to, so whats to praise?

His performance was sub-par Reese won over the crowd and he brought the fight to Broner, Only success Broner had was due to size, he didn't awe or ooh the crowd with his skills, he was out show boated, out worked, and out hearted by the 5'4 Rees.

Broner got the W last night but nothing else, this didn't raise his stock but lowered it in fact, he apologized last night as he should have for his piss poor performance as he should be embarrassed about.

What did broner do that he wasnt expected to do to this cherry pick of a fighter?
    Last edited by Prawn Jovi; 02-17-2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

really man quit being a hater, it was an entertaining fight, everyone knows that he wasnt in the ring with a top notch fighter, but still put on a good show.

I see where your coming from but all good things come over time..

Comment

Because I can praise what the **** I want to praise.

Why are you guys allowed to bust nuts over GGG beating Rosado or Matthysse knocking out Mike Dallas Jr? Or Donaire knocking out Arce?

But because its Broner the rules change?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Why are you guys allowed to bust nuts over GGG beating Rosado or Matthysse knocking out Mike Dallas Jr? Or Donaire knocking out Arce?

Thank you. Matthysse kills Humberto Soto and Mike Dallas Jr, he's an unstoppable force, a GOD IF YOU WILL.

Broner beats Rees is a mainly keep busy fight, he's an overrated cherry picker.

Comment

you gotta give Broner some credit... Reese came to fight and to win, and Broner could've pulled a Mayweather and started backing up and potshotting and got a W.... but Broner went in for the kill and stopped a very game Reese. So it wasn't "just" a W, it was a good and satisfying stoppage... if Reese's corner didn't stop the fight, Reese would've been KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Exactly, funny thing is Broner and his team want people to feel that way lol, its working

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Thank you. Matthysse kills Humberto Soto and Mike Dallas Jr, he's an unstoppable force, a GOD IF YOU WILL.

Broner beats Rees is a mainly keep busy fight, he's an overrated cherry picker.
                GGG and Matthysse aren't talking about themselves like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. If Broner is going to talk the talk he better walk the walk and last night he didn't.

The audience hasn't put these expectations upon him...he has himself. So when he doesn't perform like the fighter he says he is...you're all going to hear about it.

When you talk as much sh+t as Broner does you better back it up. That's the thing that bothers me. These guys think they can talk, talk, talk and then not get called out when they don't back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
                  GGG and Matthysse aren't talking about themselves like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. If Broner is going to talk the talk he better walk the walk and last night he didn't.

The audience hasn't put these expectations upon him...he has himself. So when he doesn't perform like the fighter he says he is...you're all going to hear about it.

When you talk as much sh+t as Broner does you better back it up. That's the thing that bothers me. These guys think they can talk, talk, talk and then not get called out when they don't back it up.
                  Who gives a **** what he does outside of the ring? He's a professional fighter. He's supposed to be ****y and he does back it up in the ring. He fought the #1 LW in the world in his first fight at the weight and now he's gunning for all of the top dogs in his division. But apparently that's not good enough.

Instead people on NSB want to see a 23 year old fighter skip a weigh division and fight at a weight where his power and punch resistance hasn't been tested yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Pernell Whitaker, Oscar De La Hoya and numerous other ATG's and Hall of Famers ALL progessed through weight divisions during their careers.

This is nothing out of the ordinary.
                  Last edited by -PBP-; 02-17-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

No shocker this thread get filled with the narrow minded people who think somehow my post was meant to be disrespectful to broner.

I do not hate broner, in my other post here i actually mention how he can be the one to take over boxing when mayweather retires.

Just mentioning his performance and judging him by last night for last night fight, and I see all these people who are praising him up and down and I ask my self what are they praising exactly? what did he do that was so shocking or out of what was expected?

Comment

Working...
                    X