No announcement yet.

How long is long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is long

Hi again, in some forums, i have read that boxing for long rounds of 3 mins is good for toning and burning lots of calories. My question to you is how many rounds is considered long?

regards

Originally posted by Peopleperson View Post
    Hi again, in some forums, i have read that boxing for long rounds of 3 mins is good for toning and burning lots of calories. My question to you is how many rounds is considered long?

regards
    if you're a newbie 3 rounds will feel like 20 minutes. If you're an amatuer you don't need any more than 3-4 rounds to prepare for a bout........Rockin'

Comment

hey, rocking . if ur boxing 3, 2minute rounds... should u train as if ur doing 3 minte rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
        hey, rocking . if ur boxing 3, 2minute rounds... should u train as if ur doing 3 minte rounds?
        I would, the harder you train the easier you'll adjust to the fight. You know how sparring takes more energy than hitting pads or bags? Well fighting takes more energy too. You never know what kind of shape your opponent will be in, so come into the fight in the best shape you can possibly be in yourself

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
          I did my entire amatuer career. However, when fights are getting close I would work them for 2 minute rounds so they get that clock in their head of when to turn it up. I'd work them for 5 rounds at the 2 minute time. Heavy bag, floor work, etc. They'll mentally feel like a million bucks........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
          X