Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What be your experience of racism? don't matter if u black, or white, what it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What be your experience of racism? don't matter if u black, or white, what it be?

Hello people

Some of you know, I be Jamaican but born in the UK. I got more fmaily in the UK than in Jamaica since the 1950's.

My family tell me when they first came to Britain from British West India, they be put on the boat and sent to bad condition homes. They be treated like second rate. You couldn't even go in a shop because they say 'No Blacks, No Irish'. My Gran always hated the English, told me they women got big feet.

In school, me and me bedrins be in the same class, the lower level class in maths and and English for O levels. In PE we were the best at cricket and running, they send us to face other schools and win them trophy.

I look back now, and think, the system, the institution segregated us man, to not be together in education and try weaken the black man. I feel this. It was not racism like 'black man get home' but racism in a level you as children were blind.

Educate yourself people. It is power.

Cool story bro?

Comment

i read your post in a jamaican acsent.

Comment

Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
        Hello people

Some of you know, I be Jamaican but born in the UK. I got more fmaily in the UK than in Jamaica since the 1950's.

My family tell me when they first came to Britain from British West India, they be put on the boat and sent to bad condition homes. They be treated like second rate. You couldn't even go in a shop because they say 'No Blacks, No Irish'. My Gran always hated the English, told me they women got big feet.

In school, me and me bedrins be in the same class, the lower level class in maths and and English for O levels. In PE we were the best at cricket and running, they send us to face other schools and win them trophy.

I look back now, and think, the system, the institution segregated us man, to not be together in education and try weaken the black man. I feel this. It was not racism like 'black man get home' but racism in a level you as children were blind.

Huge cricket fan here my man the west Indians use to rule but now there's not the same interest out there.

I have only played against one west Indian guy this year before I use to play allthe time. Played with Tino Best back in 2007 great funny guy!!

Comment

I have never been a racist person or racially abused.

I have seen it happen to my friends who are within an ethnic minority though. Nothing to bad, just insults and slurs.

Comment

Hello people

why are you writing in an accent all of a sudden?

Comment

Hello people

Where did you go to school?

I went to Eaglesfield School in Woolwich between 1980 & 1984 & there was no segregation. There were a few silly black v white barnies around 1981 when the skinhead stuff was around but mainly most of us realised we were working class & all lumped in at the bottom. I had mates of all colours & it wasn't really an issue at all.

It wasn't til I came to America in the mid 90's that race became an issue & I started getting accused of being racist for no reason. But that's just America. Someone is always accusing someone of something whether's it's anti Semitic, anti Catholic, anti Hispanic, anti American. You can't just have a good barney in the US without someone accusing the other of some deep rooted other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                Where did you go to school?

I went to Eaglesfield School in Woolwich between 1980 & 1984 & there was no segregation. There were a few silly black v white barnies around 1981 when the skinhead stuff was around but mainly most of us realised we were working class & all lumped in at the bottom. I had mates of all colours & it wasn't really an issue at all.

It wasn't til I came to America in the mid 90's that race became an issue & I started getting accused of being racist for no reason. But that's just America. Someone is always accusing someone of something whether's it's anti Semitic, anti Catholic, anti Hispanic, anti American. You can't just have a good barney in the US without someone accusing the other of some deep rooted other issues.

what's a barney ?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  what's a barney ?
                  "barnburner" aka a good fight. That is my guess.

Comment

I was driving in LA once with my friend and we got pulled over by the cops.

Makes us get of the car and we get frisked and searched. He asked if we had any drugs or weapons.

I said "no".

He then grabs me and turns me towards him.

"I didn't do nothin" I said. He responds "you think you tough"!?

He then puts his gun on my chin and says "aw, you scared now, I like that. Thats why I took this job. You n*ggas ain't ****. What set you from, he asked. One of those Crenshaw Mafia, naw you probably one of them Rollin' 60's huh?

A single tear dropped from my eye.

The cop saw my friend, Ricky and his partner just staring at him so backs off.

Here's the twist, that cop was black.

Comment

Working...
                    X