No announcement yet.

Vitali is so much better than Wlad it's ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali is so much better than Wlad it's ridiculous

Prime for prime it was obvious, but lately I had been wondering if Wlad had surpassed his brother due to Vitali's age. He hasn't though. Vitali has a better jab, better punch variety, at the very least the same speed and reflexes, more power still it seems, far better chin obviously. Dude doesn't even go all out anymore and he impresses me more than Wlad.

I'm beginning to wonder if Wlad does anything better than his brother. Even now, if these two fought and weren't brothers, Vitali would crush him.

Wlad looks like Borat. Vitali doesn't. Wlad must be mad about that.

Comment

I don't agree with all your points but I do agree that Vitali prime for prime is better than Wlad for sure. Wlad has to fight in a cautious manner because of his chin, and I think because of this issue he would have come unstuck against some (not all) of the greats. Lewis aside I would favour Vitali against most other heavyweights, or at least 50/50, but it really is hard to say because of the lack of competition for the brothers. For me Vitali proved his mettle against Lewis, Wlad I fear would have been brutally knocked out by Lewis.

Comment

I agree he throws twice as many right hands per rd (2).

Comment

Vitali now seems to still be in his prime, I'm not sure but he is around it still his performances show it. Wladmir has been in his prime for a few years. They both have areas where they are better than one another, Vitali has a better chin,mentally tougher, higher work rate, more variety of punches. Wladimir is more athletic,better defence, better footwork, harder puncher, better jab.

Comment

I think Wlad might be the better boxer technically, but in my mind there is no comparison. If they fought each other Vitali would smash his brother 9 times out of 10. Wlad is a big guy who has turned himself into a boxer / fighter. Vitali is just a natural fighter who is learning to box.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              I don't agree with all your points but I do agree that Vitali prime for prime is better than Wlad for sure. Wlad has to fight in a cautious manner because of his chin, and I think because of this issue he would have come unstuck against some (not all) of the greats. Lewis aside I would favour Vitali against most other heavyweights, or at least 50/50, but it really is hard to say because of the lack of competition for the brothers. For me Vitali proved his mettle against Lewis, Wlad I fear would have been brutally knocked out by Lewis.
              Wladimir may have koed Lewis.

Comment

Looking better is one thing, your opposition is another. Vitali's resume is so unimpressive..I don't know. Wladimir deserves a lot more credit than he gets on these boards.

Comment

Well you can't question Vitali's confidence. He throws, chases and finishes off his opponents with style. Wlad is a bit different, not chasing so much and hiding behind that jab, but still pretty effective. I could not say Wlad's chin is bad, but he's definitely doing more trying not to get hit. I don't think Wlad would have dominated Adamek in such an impressive way tbh. But I understand Wlad, because he holds practically every possible title except the WBC, so he's putting a lot at risk with every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                    Vitali now seems to still be in his prime, I'm not sure but he is around it still his performances show it. Wladmir has been in his prime for a few years. They both have areas where they are better than one another, Vitali has a better chin,mentally tougher, higher work rate, more variety of punches. Wladimir is more athletic,better defence, better footwork, harder puncher, better jab.
                    he is way past prime
                    you need to watch some of his older fights

he's legs are gone, other than that, i agree, vitali is much better than wlad, prime 4 prime, not as it stands today tho

Comment

Working...
                    X