Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a fighter engage if he doesnt have too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a fighter engage if he doesnt have too?

I am here re watching rios vs Abril or should I say I rewatched it with some friends cause it was earlier in the day (we all work same place monday tusedays off, gay I know) . I said Abril won, He won like a girl but he won and my friends said he won by surviving disguising as boxing and that really resonated with me. Cause my friend used my word against me lol "he won like a girl" and said I wouldent want to watch him fight again or even gave him respect for winning the fight, which is true to a point. He won the fight but he won nothing else, not the public nothing.

Would it had do him better if he would have echange for a bit and box, exchange for a bit then box.

Prize fight fighting is different then boxing, and FOTY dont reward puer boxers, and pure boxers never get the fanfare that Prize fighters gets?

what are you guys opinion?

I didnt see that fight but the only guy who I have a gripe with that does that is Wlad.

Mainly because hes 6-6, 245lbs, with KO power in both hands. He should not be fighting like a fairy.

Comment

Depends, a fighter should engage when he has an advantage if a guy is just running around not taking advantage of opportunities you could ask for more.

However asking a guy to engage when it doesn't favor him, that is not really playing to win. Of course there is the exception of if a guy is behind and needs to make something happen to win, then a guy should be going for broke no matter what the odds say.

I always want guys to play to win, however much they engage.

Comment

a fighter should do whatever he has to do to win the fight and impress the judges along the way

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          I didnt see that fight but the only guy who I have a gripe with that does that is Wlad.

Mainly because hes 6-6, 245lbs, with KO power in both hands. He should not be fighting like a fairy.
          Yes, he should. Because he has the chin of a fairy.

If he was smaller and had David Tua's chin, then he can bang out. But guys like Khan, Tommy Hearns and Wlad should use their height because they don't have the durability to slug.

Comment

I really really dislike when fighters do that....

it's unfair to ask them to engage when they don't have to .. because they're sacrificing their lives when they step into the ring and the truth of it is that they have families that depend on them being in good health.

With that said, it just shows how great some fighters really are.
            When Morales turned southpaw in the 12 th round vs Pacquiao.. that was some of the most legendary shit i've ever seen. Fighters that are willing to give people good shows deserve more respect than "health first" fighters like Alexander, Mayweather, Broner, Ward, Abril, B-hop.

will they get it? probably not... Rios is one of the most hated boxers on NSB.

Comment

I don't even know how you could debate Wlad, his style is essentially perfect for him and incredibly hard to deal with.

If a guy is fighting perfect for his attributes, I don't know how you can fault a guy for that.

Comment

perfect answer Robson24!

Comment

Win the fight. That's ur job.

Comment

Originally posted by robson24 View Post
                    a fighter should do whatever he has to do to win the fight and impress the judges along the way
                    Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I don't even know how you could debate Wlad, his style is essentially perfect for him and incredibly hard to deal with.

If a guy is fighting perfect for his attributes, I don't know how you can fault a guy for that.
                    Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                    perfect answer Robson24!
                    Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    Win the fight. That's ur job.

All does not get the spirit of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X