No announcement yet.

Prince Naaseem hamed overated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Naaseem hamed overated?

recently he seems to be winning the Hamed vs Nelson thread by a fair margin, why is this?

Why is Hamed considered so great? Barrera beat him down and Barrera is a left handed orthodox fighter, going up against a southpaw. Anyone who knows boxing will realize what a horrible style matchup that was for Barrera, who completely dominated Hamed. People say it wasn't his prime, but in his prime, who did Hamed beat that makes him so good?

he's so overrated and such an awkward fighter...i enjoyed every minute off barrera owning his b*tchass

Comment

Agreed.

I liked Hamed but that poll is just ridiculous. Nelson would have whipped Naz.

Comment

Dude was a beast at his peak. I think he earned the praise he gets now.

Comment

Hamed was very popular, whereas Nelson was very past-prime or retired when most of the people on here started watching boxing.

Comment

Hamed is always credited with bringing the big money to the lower weights, which is bull****. People act like there were never any exciting feather's before this amatuer. Sanchez accomplished more at 23 than hamed did his entire career.
            Azumah Nelson was also exciting and would've smashed Hamed.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
              Dude was a beast at his peak. I think he earned the praise he gets now.

Hmmm, he fought a lot of over the hill x champs. He also struggled with a lot of nobodys as well, untill his power got him outta trouble. I think he's well overated. The big test was Barrera, we know what happend.

Comment

Nelson had way too much for Hamed. Nelson was one of the few guys that was able to handle Whitakers LW prime without looking like a fool. He did very well and knew how to fight him. He would beat Hamed as easily, if not easier than Barrera.

Comment

I think that 90% of those who picked Hamed never saw Nelson in his 20s early 30s

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    I think that 90% of those who picked Hamed never saw Nelson in his 20s early 30s
                    Yeah, he was truly something else. Could just do everything brilliantly. Box, brawl, stick and move or slug it out like a madman. Hamed wouldn't be able to hurt him, and for anyone that brings up his loss to Sanchez as evidence that he might, go watch the fight first and you'll see why people say Hamed couldn't beat Nelson.

That was an inexperienced, fourteen-fight Nelson at the very start of his career fighting a peak Sanchez at the height of his skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X