Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the hell do I become a boxing judge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell do I become a boxing judge?

Seriously, where do they get a lot of these guys from? Most of us score these fights better than these "professional" judges (although that's not saying much. It's like saying that you're the tallest midget in the room). Anybody know how to break into the business as a judge? Or is it one of those things that you have to know somebody i.e. agree to get paid off. Thanks guys.

Speak to "The son of a judge" Fightscore (Poster).

Comment

wait until you turn 70 then Get repeatedly punched in the face until you get two detatched retina's and then phone Top Rank and see if they need any fights fixing, if your lucky they'll even fill in the scorecards before the fight for you.

East peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
        wait until you turn 70 then Get repeatedly punched in the face until you get two detatched retina's and then phone Top Rank and see if they need any fights fixing, if your lucky they'll even fill in the scorecards before the fight for you.

East peasy.
        Damn, that's gonna be a looooong wait for me then. If I pretend to have glaucoma, you think they would hook me up?

Comment

naw theirs young judges their was this female judge for Angulo most recent fight and she looked to be in her mid to late 20's.

Comment

Suck off a few promoters, promise to score the fight for whatever fighter they want, talk with mystery guys who come up to you during the fight, and fall asleep.

Comment

Frequent bars talking to old men until you come across one in the boxing commission of the state you want to start out in then buy him a drink~ that will probably get the job done.

Comment

they're mostly retired professionals

doctors, lawyers, business people, etc.

you are almost certainly not qualified, man. sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  they're mostly retired professionals

doctors, lawyers, business people, etc.

you are almost certainly not qualified, man. sorry.
                  Yea it probably would be easier to become a ref, then you can go from ref to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Yea it probably would be easier to become a ref, then you can go from ref to judge.

as with most other stuff, i'd say the best place to start would be local shows and amateur fights (even if they don't really "judge" the amateurs.)

there are seminars held pretty regularly in las vegas to train professional judges. not sure if they are open to the public or invite only.

Comment

Working...
                    X