No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price's Trainer Fancies Povetkin, But Not W. Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Price's Trainer Fancies Povetkin, But Not W. Klitschko

David Price's trainer has backed the Liverpudlian to halt Matt Skelton inside six rounds on Saturday night.

Price already has three knockout victories to his name this year and Franny Smith, who trains the British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion, expects another explosive win against Skelton at the Aintree Equestrian Centre in Liverpool.

He said: "Big Skelton presents a completely different challenge to Audley (Harrison). Matt's really courageous, will come to fight and be prepared to go out on his shield. It's not in his nature to seek a back door entrance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think everyone fancies taking Povetkin's paper title right now lol..

Comment

Comment

Comment

in 18 months wlad will be pushing 39 & i'm interested to see how long he fights for & to see if anyone of the next bunch can actually beat him regardless of his age.

Comment

Povetkin is Wladimir's mandatory. Soon you will have to beat Wladimir to get that belt anyway. That is the bizarre way the WBA title works. The super champion has the title stripped off him, only to fight again for the title within 18 months. I'm guessing that should the super champion win, he has the title taken away from him again.

Price is a very promising fighter though. Finally there is a heavyweight who has a chance against Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
              Povetkin is Wladimir's mandatory. Soon you will have to beat Wladimir to get that belt anyway. That is the bizarre way the WBA title works. The super champion has the title stripped off him, only to fight again for the title within 18 months. I'm guessing that should the super champion win, he has the title taken away from him again.

Price is a very promising fighter though. Finally there is a heavyweight who has a chance against Wladimir.
              Although price does look the best prospect out there at the mo. There are some serious serious questions to be asked. He has never fought someone half as good as wlad and IMO the biggest questions is his chin! He was sparked by camerelli in the Olympics and from what ive heard his chin hasn't been great his whole career. At this point or at any point in the next couple of years i think wlad destroys him!

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
                At this point or at any point in the next couple of years i think wlad destroys him!
                I agree. Price has devastating power though.

Comment

Comment

Hell, a cruiserweight was able to move up to HW and go life and death with Povetkin. Imagine what a HW closing in on his prime will do to that overrated vagina?

Doubt we see it though. Povetkin is too protected by Wilfried to lose that paper trinket.

Comment

Working...
                    X