Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think dealth with worst post career after boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think dealth with worst post career after boxing??

Boxing is a brutal sport with many ups and downs (no downs for Floyd Mayweather though ). Its no secret that every war these guys are in taxes their brain, body, and general health.

Aside from their general health, what can be worse in some fighters cases, is the mental side to it.

Having a lot of pride can be double edged sword. Some fighters hate losing so much that they can become depressed, or wind up on drugs. Sometimes a loss can affect a fighter enough mentally to cause them to go far as to do something like suicide. My choices (although i dont know everybody's story) for who got the worst end of the deal, would be....

Sonny Liston-died while on drugs during an age where he was only a few years removed from his boxing career.

Muhammad Ali-we all know how hes ended up. Very sad indeed. His bravado in the ring/blocking with his face and eating a million punches from George Foreman probably didn't help this one out.

Roy Jones Jr-when you look at how his reflexes and chin have become compared to a prime Roy Jones, the difference IMO is more night and day than any other fighter, and hes still boxing. His speech has also taken a hit...Atleast he still gets nice commentary gigs with HBO lol.

Riddick Bowe-Just punch drunk as all hell.

Sugar Ray Robinson-lived pretty long considering but when you watch his documentaries it seemed like he became somewhat brain dead or something by the end of his career. Didn't he end up on drugs too? I dont remember.

Ricky Hatton- became so much a shell of his former self that ended up resorting to fights in bars, within 2 years of his fight with Manny Pacqauio. Fights that he got knocked out in....Also had a coke problem dunno if he still does.

Arturo Gatti-smh somewhere along his afterpath he decided it would be best for him to commit suicide. Or he was not on point enough to see that the girl he was dating could have it in her to kill him. Either way I would result it to his head not being on straight after so many wars.

Randy Turpin-not too many people know about him but he was Brittish boxer who actually stole the title from SRR in his prime. A very great boxer indeed in his prime. Had a lot of hope, but his story somehow ended up with him killing himself after trying to gun down his own daughter.

Don't know any more, or I do but they escape my head right now. If anyone else knows any post them I guess.

I will next be doing Who do you think had the best post career lol.
    Last edited by killamoneymike; 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
      soooo....you don't know how to read?

Comment

Liston was done by the way.

9:50, Sugar doesn't look bad...

Anyway he deserved worse.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
          soooo....you don't know how to read?
          Prime Ali never block punches with his face,

also I think both Floyd and Pacquaio will be 10x more tragic.

Floyd will be a 45 year old journeyman getting beaten into a coma by SMW Prospects.. Just wait and see. He will be broke and punch drunk..

Pacquaio will be stuttering and also a journeyman feeding future MW Prospects.

Both these guys are morons and if you can't tell both will end up broke. wake the fuk up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
            Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            Prime Ali never block punches with his face,

also I think both Floyd and Pacquaio will be 10x more tragic.

Floyd will be a 45 year old journeyman getting beaten into a coma by SMW Prospects.. Just wait and see. He will be broke and punch drunk..

Pacquaio will be stuttering and also a journeyman feeding future MW Prospects.

Both these guys are morons and if you can't tell both will end up broke. wake the fuk up.
            Call it what you want but I'll call it how I want. Ali could have absorbed 1,000 less punches in his career than he did if he wasn't always trying to toy with his opponent and look pretty. His whole strategy was to absorb punches from Foreman. I mean he wasn't literally sticking his chin out or anything but...

And although, you may be on to something with Pacqauio, I cannot agree with you in Floyd's case...lol, how do you figure any of that, when he is one of the best defensive fighters at his weight of all time.

Blatant Floyd hater...*yawnn*

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post
              Liston was done by the way.

9:50, Sugar doesn't look bad...

Anyway he deserved worse.
              Ok maybe I should take him off then cause I dont 100% in his case I was actually just going by my memory of a documentary I watched on him where it seemed like his friends were pretty much describing a sad scene on how SRR had become.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                Call it what you want but I'll call it how I want. Ali could have absorbed 1,000 less punches in his career than he did if he wasn't always trying to toy with his opponent and look pretty. His whole strategy was to absorb punches from Foreman. I mean he wasn't literally sticking his chin out or anything but...

And although, you may be on to something with Pacqauio, I cannot agree with you in Floyd's case...lol, how do you figure any of that, when he is one of the best defensive fighters at his weight of all time.

Blatant Floyd hater...*yawnn*
                Vitali Klithscko has one of the best chins I ever seen, and he is a very savvy defensive fighter as well.

If Vitali is still fighting at age 49 against Prime Champions.. he will get knocked the fuk out.

Father Time is undefeated.

Im not saying Floyd will lose his defense, I'm saying that Floyd will go broke.. and will continue to be forced to fight until he suffers serious injuries..

So will Pacquaio.

their fates are forever interwined...

I call it like it is. Deal with it.

Don't forget to throw your homeys Floyd and Pacquaio some quarters in the future .. when you finally graduate middle school.

Comment

Ill say Apollo Creed

Comment

Carlos Monzon's post ring career lifestyle makes for incredibly grim, twilight reading that makes one of Marlowe or Jonson's plays look like a picnic.

He seemed to habitually beat the women he loved and eventually got jailed for throwing his girlfriend off the balcony of an apartment at a beach resort. Monzon then threw himself off the same balcony as well. He got 11 years for this and a couple of years before getting parole he died in a car crash.

Agree about Turpin as well.....I went to college in Leamingston Spa and it was almost as if the guy had never existed.

Randy - a former world middleweight king - ended-up wrestling for petty cash in god-forsaken small halls for no-money and finally committed suicide in a transport cafe as a bankrupt and forgotten man. Sad, sad stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X