No announcement yet.

Firat Arslan News?...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firat Arslan News?...

I spend part of my New Year's day watching boxing matches on youtube and came across the Arslan-Jones fight. For those who haven't seen this fight, it was Sept 27th of last year with Firat Arslan fighting Guillermo Jones for the WBA cruiserweight title and my, was this brutal fight!...

Guillermo Jones was the much bigger fighter and for 10 grueling rounds punished the much smaller and ineffective Firat Arslan. This guy ate more uppercuts than I've ever seen a fighter take! By the time the ref stopped this fight, Arslan was bloody mess and was visibly a broken man...

Question: Has anyone heard any news about this guy? Has he recovered? Will he fight again? Here's the videos of the fight:

I can't believe the idiocy in NSB. I posted a great thread about boxing and nobody responds. Another poster posts a thread about playstation and wii and not about boxing, and gets 3 pages worth of responses....

Comment

lol mate give it time

PS3 and Xbox 360's are more common then these two fighters so maybe they don't have any helpful imput to make in this thread. I am sure someone will know more about how Firat is doing, i am curious just like yourself.

Comment

I think Arslan is mandotory for Hucks' European title

Comment

Guerillmo Jones is the man!!!!!!!!!

I think Arslan is tough but rather stiff. I watched a few of his fights on internet streams when he fought some faded guys and wasn't terribly impressed.

I think he can beat a lot of guys, just not Adamek, Jones, or any of the best of the best.

He's tough but limited and he's getting old.

Comment

guillermo jones the incredible expanding man. james toney is still mad someone took his nickname.

Comment

Boston. I was looking for a link earlier for some news on Arslan, but couldnt find it. I'm pretty sure however that I've read that he'll continue he's career and that he'll be back in the ring sooner rather than later.

Comment

Any news on either of these fighters? Guillermo Jones must have a mandatory coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
                  I think Arslan is mandotory for Hucks' European title
                  That's it.
                  Dunno about Guillermo, his fight against arslan was brutal, he ****ed him up so bad. His multiple uppercuts and right hands were a beauty.

Comment

Arslan will be fighting Marco Huck in May for the European cruiserweight title.

Comment

Working...
                    X