Appleby vs Mitchell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appleby vs Mitchell

Who is the better fighter?

I'm a big Mitchell fan, but just watched about 3 fights of Appleby's on youtube he looks pretty damn special but Simpson will be his first big test.

Could it be a British superfight of the future?

lol applebys a prospect at most. hes only had *checks boxrec* 11 fights, mitchell will be long gone from the british scene when applebys ready for a title shot. I do like him though i saw him on sky sports a few times and i remember him still so he must have doen something right

Comment

Originally posted by ophqui View Post
      lol applebys a prospect at most. hes only had *checks boxrec* 11 fights, mitchell will be long gone from the british scene when applebys ready for a title shot. I do like him though i saw him on sky sports a few times and i remember him still so he must have doen something right
      yeah I get all that.

But surely it is still a fight that can be on the horizon over the next 5 years.

Mitchell is what 23 and Appleby 20 both are reasonably tall at the weight...so they could even both move up.

It's the first time I watched him I just wanted to see if anyone knew quite a bit about him and whether or not he is comparable with Kevin.

Comment

I really like Mitchell if he gets his defence sorted and learns how to pace himself he could go far.
        Not seen much of Appleby so I wont comment on him

Comment

Technically Appleby is the better boxer. He is Quick and Slick but IMO doesn't have a great deal of punching power. He grinds opponents down with combinations rather than one punch.

Mitchell is a real talent, He has Good power, a Fantastic jaw, great fighting spirit and his conditioning is always Excellent. He gets hit too often and too cleanly at the moment for my liking though. He has a tendancy to get into wars and rely on his power and chin, at british/commonwealth and possibly european he should get away with it but he won't at the highest level.

The Simpson fight is a real tough one for Appleby, Luckily Simpson isn't much of a banger though so if he boxes smartly Appleby should wear him out to win a comfortable decision (a late corner stoppage isn't out of the question though).

If they were to fight in the next two years you would have to favour Mitchell but he hasn't improved as much as I would have hoped in the last two years so anyy time after that it could be a really open fight (However IMO Mitchell will move up in weight before that).

Comment

appleby is a real talent and the fact that he's stepping up to british level after a dozen or so fights shows he will be progressed a lot quicker than mitchell who has been a little overprotected imo.

if appleby beats simpson he'll have already proved himself to be in the top 5 of the british featherweight division, and will be ready to step up to european class within a year or so.

Comment

Yh Appelby is pretty good but he's to green for Mitchell at this point IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X