Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Heavyweight division doing better or worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Heavyweight division doing better or worse?

A few years back the heavyweight division was pretty pethatic.. However, now fights are starting to emerge that you can actually look forward to like Haye-Wlad together with good fighters like Povetkin and dimetrinko and vitali is back.. These eastern fighters keep heavyweight boxing alive.. Is HW boxing doing better or worse in your opinion..? Discuss

good post....i'm not much of a fan of the klits...because they make ridiculous demands, and fight really bad competition....personally I believe this is one of the worst eras for the hw division....however, that being said....

i think you got some really good up and comers....arreola, haye, povetkin, eddie chambers....so the division could get better and has potential for some good fights in the near future

Comment

Honestly it depends on what side of the planet you are on. If you are Eastern European then you think the HW division is bossy. If your an American or simply just live on the western hemisphere of the planet you think the HW division is trash and boring.

Why? Klitschko's aren't exciting to the "barbarians of the west" or "Yank/Yankees". (I take it as a complement. West Coast guy.)

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Honestly it depends on what side of the planet you are on. If you are Eastern European then you think the HW division is bossy. If your an American or simply just live on the western hemisphere of the planet you think the HW division is trash and boring.

Why? Klitschko's aren't exciting to the "barbarians of the west" or "Yank/Yankees". (I take it as a complement. West Coast guy.)
        I am Ukrainian and let me tell you, I am lovin the heavyweight division right now, Eastern Europeans are dominating!! The division is looking pretty good.

The Klitschko brothers keep dominating and knocking out all of their opponents, Povetkin is the top contender in the world, the 6'7 250 lb beast Dimitrenko is demolishing everyone in his path, Ruslan Chagaev is back, the 22 year old Denis Boytsov is a beast and will be future world champ!!!

Eastern Europeans are dominating the heavyweight division and will continue dominating for a very very long time....the haters out there better get used to it!!!!
        Last edited by Klitschko2011; 04-06-2009, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Its starting to get a bit better we have the 2 Klits and now Haye has moved up who is always exciting we also have some young guys coming up like Dimetrinko and Boystov, The real problem for the division is a lack of exciting fights and poor conditioning, hopefully Haye vs Wlad should be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2009 View Post
            I am Ukrainian and let me tell you, I am lovin the heavyweight division right now, Eastern Europeans are dominating!!!!

The Klitschko brothers keep dominating and knocking out all of their opponents, Povetkin is the top contender in the world, the 6'7 250 lb beast Dimitrenko is demolishing everyone in his path, Chagaev is back!

Eastern Europeans are dominating the heavyweight division and will continue dominating for a very very long time....get used to it!!!!!
            while the division suffers because they have boring fights....peters and gomez was horrible to watch....hopefully haye will give us something to watch at least in june.......oh klitschko2009 you are the king of nuthuggery

the klit bros is why people are going to mma...they are killing the division you jackass klitschko2009

Comment

It's improved somewhat. Haye has infused some interest.

Comment

Just because Klitschko2009 is an idiot, don't take the Klits as such. They are good for boxing and a giant detriment to it all in the same sense. They are always in shape, both are educated, and their charity work should be acknowledged and emulated. But, their unwillingness to actually become more than titlist and their propenstiy to bow down to the demands of the sanctioning bodies and over estimation of their worth to the sport has hurt it terribly. Whoever said the Klits were driving people to MMA is wrong and right as well. Its not them or their styles so much, but the fact that they aren't marketable outside of Europe and that they aren't/weren't ever the REAL champions of the heavyweight division even though for the past 6 years they have the best heavyweights has driven some away from boxing and they found comfort and clarity in the UFC. The division is getting better no matter where your coming from. Povetkin, Boytsov, Dimitrenko, Chambers, Arreola, Johnson, Haye, Pala, Platov, kauffman, and Wilder are all young talents that will buoy the division for some years. The thing that would benefit them respectively and financially would be if they fought one another at earlier stages in their careers. Giving them great seasoning and experience to face the tougher opponents and to help weed out some undeserving guys. Also, its ok to lose. You usually learn A LOT more after a loss than a victory. Taking chances can always be detrimental, but thats the risk, because the reward is phenomanal

Comment

Originally posted by HeartAttack View Post
                  Just because Klitschko2009 is an idiot, don't take the Klits as such. They are good for boxing and a giant detriment to it all in the same sense. They are always in shape, both are educated, and their charity work should be acknowledged and emulated. But, their unwillingness to actually become more than titlist and their propenstiy to bow down to the demands of the sanctioning bodies and over estimation of their worth to the sport has hurt it terribly. Whoever said the Klits were driving people to MMA is wrong and right as well. Its not them or their styles so much, but the fact that they aren't marketable outside of Europe and that they aren't/weren't ever the REAL champions of the heavyweight division even though for the past 6 years they have the best heavyweights has driven some away from boxing and they found comfort and clarity in the UFC. The division is getting better no matter where your coming from. Povetkin, Boytsov, Dimitrenko, Chambers, Arreola, Johnson, Haye, Pala, Platov, kauffman, and Wilder are all young talents that will buoy the division for some years. The thing that would benefit them respectively and financially would be if they fought one another at earlier stages in their careers. Giving them great seasoning and experience to face the tougher opponents and to help weed out some undeserving guys. Also, its ok to lose. You usually learn A LOT more after a loss than a victory. Taking chances can always be detrimental, but thats the risk, because the reward is phenomanal
                  good post....i sent you some green k....i think the k bros. should be appluded for being the champs, well deserved....and there charity work as....yes i think one of this divisions problems is bad promoting and bad match ups....the alphabit titles have really hurt the division imo

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

I really don't get why the americans have such a hard time giving props to the klits and eastern europeans in general.. I know they are usually not the most charismatic fighters and their division tends to suck but a guy like Vitali always gives the audience a KO and that's what we look for in the heavyweight division to begin with IMO .. Feel free to answer why american don't tend to like eastern european fighters because I would like to know.

Comment

Working...
                    X