Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Boxes Past Andy Ruiz To Reclaim World Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Boxes Past Andy Ruiz To Reclaim World Titles

The biggest fight of the year is now just over 24 hours away. Ahead of tomorrow’s much-anticipated rematch between Andy Ruiz, Jr. and Anthony Joshua OBE, both fighters tipped the scales in front of a raucous crowd in Saudi Arabia. At 283.7 pounds, Ruiz came in at his heaviest weight in many years and 15 pounds heavier than he was for the first fight in June. Meanwhile, Joshua came in at 237.8 pounds, which is 10 pounds lighter than he was in June and the lightest he has been for any fight since 2014. The main event is expected to begin at approximately 4 p.m. following a stacked event featuring four additional heavyweight fights. The event is live exclusively on DAZN in the United States.

In the evening’s chief support bout, Alexander Povetkin (35-2, 24 KOs) will square off against Michael Hunter (18-1, 12 KOs) in a 12-round affair. The main card will also feature Dillian Whyte (26-1, 18 KOs) against Mariusz Wach (35-5, 19 KOs) in a 10-round fight, Filip Hrgovic (9-0, 7 KOs) against Eric Molina (27-5, 19 KOs) in a 12-round scrap andMahammadrasul Majidov (1-0, 1KO) against Tom Little (10-7, 3 KOs) in an scheduled 8-round heavyweight bout.

Five heavyweight fights, topped by Ruiz vs. Joshua 2, will stream live exclusively on DAZN at 12 p.m. ET with the main event starting at approximately 4 p.m. ET.

Picked Ruiz initially, now not so sure.

Comment

WAR Ruiz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I think the weight is being blown way out proportion.I believe AJ is mentally weak , if he faces any adversity in this fight he will fold like an accordion.

Comment

283 For Ruiz? That's nuts, If I am AJ, Im keeping my distance for the first 6 rounds, well I'd do that regardless, but especially with him packing on even more weight.

Comment

What's a fight by fight thread

And where's the poll at fam

Comment

I got 4/1 on AJ winning on points. Think that's a great bet. Ruiz is hard as nails but limited. AJ looks focused and is the better all round fighter imo.

Comment

So what time is this on? Says 2:30 Eastern time but is that when the undercards start?
              Me and my wife usually go to the movies on Saturday afternoons and want to know when I should try and be home.
              Don’t really care for the undercards as I can catch them later if they are good.
              What time should the ring walls happen?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                283 For Ruiz? That's nuts, If I am AJ, Im keeping my distance for the first 6 rounds, well I'd do that regardless, but especially with him packing on even more weight.
                could have lost fat, gained muscle. i no from training experiences.

AJ round 4

Comment

I read the undercards start at noon and the main event at 3:45 eastern time. Is that correct?

Comment

Lots of intangibles and questions with this fight. I'm 50/50 on this fight. Not sure what's going to happen. May the best man win.

Comment

Working...
                    X