No announcement yet.

Donated blood plasma today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donated blood plasma today!

Easiest $60 I've ever made, best thing about it is that you're saving people's lives by donating. The plasma place is giving me $60 the first time I donate and $40 the 2nd, every time after that it's $25 and $40. You can donate twice a week. You guys should definitely do it if you need a bit of extra money.

The only bad thing is that when you're a new donor it takes FOREVER, I was there for like 5 hours the first time just waiting, after that it goes by much faster, usually just 1-2 hours.

Here is the process I went through:

-You give them a proof of address (you can show them a bill), some places require a drivers license, the one I went to didn't and you need a social security card and a regular ID.

-You wait for a long ass time until they call you, they read you stuff about what you're about to do, have you sign some papers, prick your finger and squeeze blood out of it (doesn't hurt) to test it and weigh you.

-They then have you read some other stuff then they call you in. You then get a physical (You don't have to drop your pants), they test your reflexes, nose, ears, breathing. Then they give you a piss test, NOT for drugs though, it's to test some stuff in your urine if you're healthy.

They ask you if you've been to certain countries, they tell you things that will disqualify you such as blood diseases and risky behavior such as sleeping with another man. You can't have anything pierced or tattooed within the past 12 months.

-They sit you in a really comfortable chair that is in a weird shape that you just lay back in (it has an arm supporter), put a blood pressure cuff thing on your arm, then an IV in your arm that doesn't really hurt at all.

You have to keep closing and opening your hand to make the machine work, the machine will tell you if you're doing it fast enough by lighting up, during this time the cuff will be pretty tight and your hand will be cold. After a while the cuff will loosen telling you to relax your arm.

You can see the amount of plasma filling up the bottle which is right next to you, it looks exactly like urine. The more hydrated you are and if you keep opening and closing your hand the faster you'll finish. Some lady right next to me took just 30 minutes, I took an hour because I was doing it slow.

They bandage you up then call you up to get paid, simple as that! While you're laying down they have HD TV's with movies on them to watch, it's really easy and not very painful at all. I feel fine right now not drained or anything.

I do it for free.

Comment

In miami they give you chips and a cookie for giving blood, or sometimes they give you a free ticket to a show nobody wants to see.

but if by some chance you need blood, you have to empty your bank account.

Pretty fair.

Comment

It's illegal to sell blood here in the UK.

Comment

thats cool man

a kind gesture

Comment

"Easiest $60 I've ever made, best thing about it is that you're saving people's lives by donating. The plasma place is giving me $60 the first time I donate and $40 the 2nd, every time after that it's $25 and $40. You can donate twice a week. You guys should definitely do it if you need a bit of extra money."

DONATE blood to help others .... Sell blood to help self. Your mixed message implies a contradiction.

I don't think selling blood is the way to go if you need some cash And $60 makes it even worst .... What's next, a kidney, an eye ... But to each his\her own, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              "Easiest $60 I've ever made, best thing about it is that you're saving people's lives by donating. The plasma place is giving me $60 the first time I donate and $40 the 2nd, every time after that it's $25 and $40. You can donate twice a week. You guys should definitely do it if you need a bit of extra money."

DONATE blood to help others .... Sell blood to help self. Your mixed message implies a contradiction.

I don't think selling blood is the way to go if you need some cash And $60 makes it even worst .... What's next, a kidney, an eye ... But to each his\her own, I guess.
              ey when your fcking hungry and broke 60 dollars looks like a fcking million,i have had points where i had 0 dollars and a boy throws me a meal and that was godly,thats why i feed bathe and house any homie ever going through hardship not to mention diaper duty and my boy does not sht solid its usually this off green blackish and it smells like fcking death doctor said its completely normal whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                ey when your fcking hungry and broke 60 dollars looks like a fcking million,i have had points where i had 0 dollars and a boy throws me a meal and that was godly,thats why i feed bathe and house any homie ever going through hardship not to mention diaper duty and my boy does not sht solid its usually this off green blackish and it smells like fcking death doctor said its completely normal whatever.
                I agree with you 1000%

My point is that there is a difference between SELLING and DONATING blood. The latter is motivated to help other without reward, while the former is motivated to help self. And if the motivation is to help self, then other methods would yield a better long term cash inflow.

We only have 8-9 pints of blood ... so, at $60, that's +/- $420 at best and you're dead. Joining the same job avenues used by illegals would yield more cash over a longer time-frame, and you're still alive.

Comment

I heard if you have AB- blood type you can make some serious bank donating blood. Lol at the people crapping on someone making a few extra bucks in this economy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
                    I heard if you have AB- blood type you can make some serious bank donating blood. Lol at the people crapping on someone making a few extra bucks in this economy.
                    Its not AB- ..... its "O" which is the universal blood-type.

Comment

Working...
                    X