Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wladimir Klitschko Fire Emmanual Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Wladimir Klitschko Fire Emmanual Steward?

After Wladimir lost to Corrie Sanders, he hired Steward. Steward has since tried to incorporate a more American style of boxing into Wladimir's European style. IMO this is a detriment to Wladimir's skills and is causing more harm than good. It seems he's thinking to much and things don't happen as naturally in the ring for him as they used to.

Wladimir won a gold medal, the WBO belt, and won many fights including several against top opponents such as Barrett, Byrd, and McCline with his European style.

All boxers eventually lose fights (with very few exceptions). Many lose by KO. Many make comebacks. Lewis, Forman, Ali, to name a few, all made comebacks. Wladimir at 28 years old can also make a comeback.

Wladimir has to overcome the Mental aspect of being knocked out, The pressure of keeping up with Vitali, and now learn Manny's American boxing style.

IMO - He should Fire Manny, reinstate his former trainer (Vitali's trainer - who's name escapes me at the moment),and get back to what worked for him. His European style had many viewing him as the next great heavyweight.

What do you think?

I think so as this case remind me of prince Naseem when he changed trainers. IMO it best to stick to the tainers who has help develop your boxing skills as he is the one who knows your strenght and weaknesses. I don't think its that bad if you change when you are young or going nowhere but not when you are in a relative success stage of ur career.

Comment

It's Clear That Wladimir Needs To Fire Everyone In His Group. They Have Done Nothing But Ruin A Great Fighter. Wladimir Needs Better Foot Speed Along With Relying On His Power. Wladimir If You Read This, I'll Train You.

Comment

Yes he should, but I dont think that he will. All of the haters will go crazy again saying how Wlad is just making more excuses, and sadly enough I think that Wlad cares way too much about what people think about him.

Comment

you cant train having a glass jaw.

only how to protect it.

his biggest problem is he is too easy to hit and hasnt got half his brother's punch resistance.
          Last edited by J !; 10-04-2004, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Wlad sucks. Firing Steward won't change that.

Comment

Originally posted by JPW
              you cant train having a glass jaw.

only how to protect it.

his biggest problem is he is too easy to hit and hasnt got half his brother's punch resistance.
              Why is he so easy to hit now? Manny's style has no upperbody movement or head movement.

Comment

Neuraxis

Manny's style? What are you talking about? It ain't Manny in the ring. It is Wlad's style that has no upper body movement.

Wlad has ALWAYS been easy to hit. Hell, when he fought Ray Mercer and Mercer landed one clean jab on Wlad's face, Wlad looked shaken.

Comment

Yeah I think Wlad is done , Shame as he was no doubt hugely talented but there isnt much point in being a fightr if you keep getting knocked over.

Comment

Originally posted by LuKahnLi
                    Neuraxis

Manny's style? What are you talking about? It ain't Manny in the ring. It is Wlad's style that has no upper body movement.

Wlad has ALWAYS been easy to hit. Hell, when he fought Ray Mercer and Mercer landed one clean jab on Wlad's face, Wlad looked shaken.
                    I take you haven't seen very many Wlad fights. Wlad has always been easy to hit? Are you insane? The most punches he has taken in a round is 15 against Sanders. He rarely gets hit by more than 10 punches per round. You mention Mercer he landed something like 50 punches the entire fighter which comes out to an average of less than 10 punches per round.

Comment

Working...
                    X