Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Im looking for a job and I get emails like this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Im looking for a job and I get emails like this...

Eagle Eye Advertising Inc.
    ADDRESS
    PHONE

Dear HOUS,

Thank you for your interest in Eagle Eye Advertising Inc. You previously submitted your resume to our retail and entertainment marketing firm. Our human resources department had an opportunity to review your resume and would based upon a few key attributes you possess we would like to schedule an appointment for an interview. However, we were unable to contact you via telephone.

Our operations manager William would like to sit down with you in person for a one on one interview. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to set up an appointment, as we need to fill these positions immediately. I can be reached at PHONE NUMBER between 9:00am-5:00pm.

Congratulations again for being selected in our initial screening. We look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

NAME
    Human Resources
    Eagle Eye Advertising Inc.
    When I google the name of the company, the entire first page on google are on job sites where they post looking for employeers. What does this mean? Does it mean its not the most legitamate job?

I'm guessing they want to hire me for a sales position, because that seems to be the only thing hiring at the moment. I got 3 emails like this today and all are involved in the same field, marketing for sports. This seems odd to me.

The part that really tipped me off was how they congratulate me for being selected in the initial application process.

Then I get a voicemail where the person is talking really really fast, its definately scripted, I can assume its because they are calling a bunch of people. I can imagine its the type that if I would have picked up they dont tell you any details and just tell you to come in for an interview, normally a cattle call interview.
    Last edited by Hous; 10-20-2010, 02:56 PM.

i just called...i start monday...the job is no longer available

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      i just called...i start monday...the job is no longer available

'tick-tock, tick-tock' just a matter of time now mak....

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
        'tick-tock, tick-tock' just a matter of time now mak....

are you gonna make a thread in the lounge about how you dont care about karma when the P-lounge turns you red?

Comment

haha funnyyy

Comment

I set up two interviews one for Thursday and one for Friday. The Friday one supposedly start you at $13.75 an hour and you can get up to $18.00. The Thursday one starts you at $9.75 and you can earn your way up to $18.00. I'm hoping to fail the Thursday interview and get the job for the Friday interview.

BTW I know some hot shot is gonna say it's a little bit of money but it's just a part time, i'm in college.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I set up two interviews one for Thursday and one for Friday. The Friday one supposedly start you at $13.75 an hour and you can get up to $18.00. The Thursday one starts you at $9.75 and you can earn your way up to $18.00. I'm hoping to fail the Thursday interview and get the job for the Friday interview.

BTW I know some hot shot is gonna say it's a little bit of money but it's just a part time, i'm in college.

when i was in college, i was working part time at a movie theater for $4.25/hr

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

13.75 is decent wage, its around 28k a year. Its not career money, but its acceptable for entry-level. Id work for less than that now, just to keep me busy while I look for a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
                  When I google the name of the company, the entire first page on google are on job sites where they post looking for employeers. What does this mean? Does it mean its not the most legitamate job?

I'm guessing they want to hire me for a sales position, because that seems to be the only thing hiring at the moment. I got 3 emails like this today and all are involved in the same field, marketing for sports. This seems odd to me.

The part that really tipped me off was how they congratulate me for being selected in the initial application process.

Then I get a voicemail where the person is talking really really fast, its definately scripted, I can assume its because they are calling a bunch of people. I can imagine its the type that if I would have picked up they dont tell you any details and just tell you to come in for an interview, normally a cattle call interview.

Stop lying. You're stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post

Stop lying. You're stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X