No announcement yet.

Kovalev won that fight, he's the P4P king

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev won that fight, he's the P4P king

The people who thought Ward would win thought he'd outbox Kovalev clearly, but that didn't happen. Kovalev steadily outboxed Ward while Ward retreated last night.

Those scorecards were in before the fight started.

People say "Ward figured him out," did he?! Because it's the exact opposite, IMO. From the opening bell Kovalev is the one that controlled everything, but the key is those later rounds where people say "you must of missed Wards body shots"

No, I didn't miss the 3 body shots per round that Ward landed. Now tell me how many combinations Ward landed in those rounds? I legit don't think Ward landed more then one two punch combination. He landed some body shots and a couple jabs and thats it. Meanwhile, while Ward landed body shots, Kovalev continued to snap his head back, land his own body shots, and throw and land combinations.

Rewatch the fight with no HBO commentary and you'll see Kovalev clearly winning even the rounds Max was saying Ward did. Max was terrible and he may have blinded judgement to viewers. Every time he was going crazy for Wards body shots, Kovalev would come back with a laser beam jab and stun Ward multiple times.

Absolute farce of a fight. Kovalev got robbed by these corrupt judges plain and simple.

Kovalev had Ward figured out early, AND it carried over in the later rounds, wtf, you guys talking about body shots. BODY SHOTS!?!?!? It was like 3 per round and thats all he did. Body shots stopped Ward from getting washed- but they did not win him rounds or the fight.

Kovalev punished Ward throughout the fight and more often, Ward was in survival mode and did not outbox anything, he was surviving!!! Wow, I literally can't believe this. I've been crying all night and watching Kovalev highlight videos, I'm stunned. Literally stunned that these punk ass judges just robbed Kovalev of everything.

Kovalev #1 P4P and it ain't even close.

Oh and, if you rewatch the fight, you'll see a clear Kovalev victory.

I rewatched it this morning and its literally impossible to not give Kovalev 6 rounds.

If this fight is ANYWHERE else in the world, Kovalev wins by at least 3 rounds.

Kovalev put on a boxing clinic. Ward merely survived, espcially in the later rounds. Kovalev won this fight.
    Last edited by King_; 11-20-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

No problem with you thinking he won but nothing was clear.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        No problem with you thinking he won but nothing was clear.
        Did you rewatch? I think if you rewatch you'll see it more clearly for Kovalev, IMHO.

Ward landed some body shots, but Kovalev negated those body shots with his own body shots, and then did more by landing more and harder jabs, and being the only won throwing more then one punch at a time (and landing). The thing is that Wards body shots- that's basically all he had, you can't ignore the rest of the round because Max ****in Kellerman cant' stop talking about Wards body shots.

I legitimately don't think Andre Ward landed a single combination in the fight. Maybe one or two. Kovalev was first to throw and land, he landed more often, and harder... No not as an accumulation, but round by round, at least 7 rounds went exactly like this and there would have had to of been something spectacular by Ward to steal the round- and it never happened. Yet he still got those rounds.

If that's not the definition of a robbery, what is? Those fat, lazy, crusty ass ****ing judges did not even judge this ****, they saw that some rounds were "close" and just gave it to Ward. Disgusting.

Dude you know that if this fight was anywhere in the world, Kovalev wins this. UK, Russia, Germany, etc.... Kovalev would of gotten the victory, but the difference is, it wouldn't of been called a robbery, it would of been a clear victory for Kovalev if people weren't blinded by these terrible scorecards. IMHO.
        Last edited by King_; 11-20-2016, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I thought kov won. I'm rewatching now. It was a close fight and if you notice most of the ringside scorers agreed with the judges.

Very close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I thought kov won. I'm rewatching now. It was a close fight and if you notice most of the ringside scorers agreed with the judges.

Very close fight.
            Honest to goodness, I'm not even being biased. I legitimately thought Kovalev was winning comfortable, although competitive, but comfortably. I was giving Ward props for coming back and showing heart, etc, and then I heard "114-113," and I knew it was coming.

How can they say Ward was winning? You've seen Andre Ward before bro, and that was not the same type of rhythm he carries with him in his other fights, he was fighting Kovalevs fight bro and he broke through "survival mode" to land some nice body shots in the later round, but Kovalev landed maybe the same amount of body shots, and then some.

It's like Ward got gifted "sympathy rounds" just for hanging in there and showing guts, but that's not how boxing should be judged

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
              Honest to goodness, I'm not even being biased. I legitimately thought Kovalev was winning comfortable, although competitive, but comfortably. I was giving Ward props for coming back and showing heart, etc, and then I heard "114-113," and I knew it was coming.

How can they say Ward was winning? You've seen Andre Ward before bro, and that was not the same type of rhythm he carries with him in his other fights, he was fighting Kovalevs fight bro and he broke through "survival mode" to land some nice body shots in the later round, but Kovalev landed maybe the same amount of body shots, and then some.

It's like Ward got gifted "sympathy rounds" just for hanging in there and showing guts, but that's not how boxing should be judged
              Just watched 9th and 10th. Lederman gave 9th to kov. No way. 10th was close. Max is even saying ward could've got a couple rounds.

Max seems to know Ward was rallying.

Comment

jim was up to his old tricks saying kov. Lands another and another but what I saw was Ward grinding on the inside plus landing some good left hooks with body shots all night and kov doing a lot of holding. Max and Roy were more fair in commentating than ol jimmy. Ward won this fight and the rematch should be even better. Kov. Is a bit underrated in his boxing skills though, he's good at keeping a distance and coming in with that right hand. Rematch PPV again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Just watched 9th and 10th. Lederman gave 9th to kov. No way. 10th was close. Max is even saying ward could've got a couple rounds.

Max seems to know Ward was rallying.
                  I have to rewatch again to remember the exact rounds, I wasn't keeping mental tabs, but I think I had 10 to Kovalev. One of those late rounds Max gave to Ward, but I thought Kovalev won it

Comment

Not sure what fight you were watching but I'm pretty sure ward left with them belts lol

Comment

Working...
                    X