No announcement yet.

The Last Man Standing II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Man Standing II

Ok folks. I know we only finished this a few days ago but **** it. December 10th is a good day for boxing and I want to have another go.

Basically the same rules as before. Only 50/50(ish) world level fights will be chosen. Make your pick for who wins, if you win you go through to the next round. If not you're done. Just a few small changes to the rule book for this time:

1. No pass card after 5 rnds. Just seemed a bit pointless. If we had made it to 5 rnds everyone would have just used it straight away due to how many were going out each round.

2. If everyone is picking the same fighter to win, the last person to put their vote in will have to pick the other fighter. Maybe a bit unfair, but there was a bit of a farce last time out as everyone picked Loma to beat Walters and Kiaba360 ended up having to change his pick to save the round.

EDIT: 3. When we get to under 5 posters, we will switch to secret voting to ensure nobody is scamming on the others picks. This will be done via PM to me, unless I am one of the ones still in, in which case it will go to someone else whoe steps up to help out.

Current Champ is the The Results Giver. Mr 'Can't be touched, cant be stopped, can't be moved, cant be rocked' himself, Roy Jones Jnr. Who thinks they can knock him off his perch?

Rnd 4: James Degale vs Badou Jack

List of posters still in:

Boxingfan85 - D
    Kiaba360 - D
    Juicy J - D
    Dan_cov - D
    BodiesinFlight - D
    E10Rifle - J
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 01-09-2017, 11:32 AM.

BoxingFan85
    juggernaut666
    Adonis Creed
    John Locke
    soul_survivor
    mlac
    .:: JSFD26 ::.
    Chrismart
    Roy Jones Jnr
    Mc,Lovin
    KingHippo
    DreamerUSA
    j0zef
    Szef
    Elotero
    Kazakh Thunder
    Beercules
    Sugar Adam Ali
    b0x
    Koba-Grozny
    Pain~Lucy
    HughJass
    BodiesInFlight
    EddieHearn
    dan_cov
    cork
    Scholar
    Thurman
    Caught Square
    kiaba360
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 12-08-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Joseph Parker and jrock

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
        Joseph Parker and jrock
        Yep thats who im going with. Despite my sig ive thought Charlo was gonna win for quite a while, but been watching a lot of them both and have switched to J-Rock.

Parker vs Ruiz could be a mistake on reflection. Everyone is going to go for Parker. Lets hope there isnt an upset

Comment

Good stuff mate, i'm in. I'll go with :

Parker
          Charlo

:ANYWORD:

Comment

I don't consider Parker vs Ruiz to be a 50/50 fight. Parker is a very solid favorite there. -300, -400ish (ie 75/25, 80/20 fight) last I looked iirc. I think Menard vs Beltran is the other closer pick em level fight this weekend.

But regardless I'm in. Parker & J Rock.
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-08-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Parker
              Jrock

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Ok folks. I know we only finished this a few days ago but **** it. December 10th is a good day for boxing and I want to have another go.

Basically the same rules as before. Only 50/50(ish) world level fights will be chosen. Make your pick for who wins, if you win you go through to the next round. If not you're done. Just a couple small changes to the rule book for this time:

1. No pass card after 5 rnds. Just seemed a bit pointless. If we had made it to 5 rnds everyone would have just used it straight away due to how many were going out each round.

2. If everyone is picking the same fighter to win, the last person to put their vote in will have to pick the other fighter. Maybe a bit unfair, but there was a bit of a farce last time out as everyone picked Loma to beat Walters and Kiaba360 ended up having to change his pick to save the round.

Current Champ is the The Results Giver. Mr 'Can't be touched, cant be stopped, can't be moved, cant be rocked' himself, Roy Jones Jnr. Who thinks they can knock him off his perch?

Round 1 AND 2 will both be on the same day/night Dec 10th, so get your predicting gloves on and get ya picks in quick

Round 1

WBO World Heavyweight title - Joseph Parker vs Andy Ruiz Jnr: Dec 10th (8am ish GMT/ early morning in US?)

Round 2

IBF Junior Middleweight title - Julian Williams vs Jermall Charlo: Dec 10th (evening in US, 4am ish on Dec 11th in UK)

Loads of other fights I could have put in (most notably Mares vs Cuellar and Yafai vs Conception) but thought a triple or quadruple header just sounded a nightmare to organise, and I have work this weekend.

List of posters still in:

Tom Cruise: (P) (W)
                cork: (P) (W)
                Nice, lets do it...

Joseph Parker to KO Andy Ruiz Jr late rounds
                Jullian Williams to beat Charlo on points

Comment

I'm so ****in clueless when it comes to HWs. If Ruiz wasn't so physically sloppy, I would feel more comfortable choosing him. Charlo vs J-Rock is also difficult. I've been rooting for J-Rock, but Charlo does have the better opponent between the two.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 12-08-2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

In

jp
                    jr

Comment

Working...
                    X