Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Premier Boxing Champions, FOX Sports - 4 Year Deal Details

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Premier Boxing Champions, FOX Sports - 4 Year Deal Details

FOX Sports today announced it has reached a landmark four-year, multi-platform agreement with Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) making FOX Sports the preeminent broadcaster for PBC's top-tier championship fights featuring its biggest and brightest stars. The announcement was made by Mark Silverman, President, National Networks, FOX Sports and Alan Haymon, President and CEO of Haymon Sports, creator of the PBC series.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really hope they bring some better fights to Fox. I feel like they only show the Victor Ortiz's, Bertos, Collazo's, Devon Alexander's of every division on Fox & keep all the big names on Showtime. I thought the point of PBC was to bring world class fighters to free television. It started off that way but now it seems like everyone that matters only fights on showtime and nobody fights on CBS anymore

Comment

It's great that the deal includes shoulder programming to promote the fights. Also suggests that the fights shown as part of this deal will include the top-level PBC fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
        I really hope they bring some better fights to Fox. I feel like they only show the Victor Ortiz's, Bertos, Collazo's, Devon Alexander's of every division on Fox & keep all the big names on Showtime. I thought the point of PBC was to bring world class fighters to free television. It started off that way but now it seems like everyone that matters only fights on showtime and nobody fights on CBS anymore
        That was part of the time buy. This is a new deal.

Comment

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO i thought PBC was defunct? dead?????? lmaooooooooooooooo haters gonna hate but the train keeps moving

what they need to do is become a promoter legally, and create their own league and title

Comment

Originally posted by miked85 View Post
            LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO i thought PBC was defunct? dead?????? lmaooooooooooooooo haters gonna hate but the train keeps moving

what they need to do is become a promoter legally, and create their own league and title
            What a good idea, thats just what boxing needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
              SHO/CBS are still going to get the A cards.

FOX/FS1 might get a couple big ones, but the majority will be run-of-the-mill PBC cards. They have a lot of hours to fill with UFC leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1110 View Post

FOX/FS1 might get a couple big ones, but the majority will be run-of-the-mill PBC cards. They have a lot of hours to fill with UFC leaving.
                You think they're gonna give throw away cards to Fox? The deal calls for Fox to do PBC PPVs and hold prelims shows on FS1 and FS2. Big fights will be on FOX and SHO.

Big fights will be on SHO (at least 12) and FOX (10) and lower level will be on FS1 (12) and BounceTV(4.)

Comment

Originally posted by mp1110 View Post

is cbs even showing fights though last one i remember was thurman garcia

Comment

B-b-b-but PBC dyin' doe....

Comment

Working...
                    X