Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What more proof do you need that Henderson is not the best wrestler in MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] What more proof do you need that Henderson is not the best wrestler in MMA?

Seriously. He was taken down multiple times by a guy who isn't even anywhere near his level of wrestling credentials. He was mounted more times than Jenna haze....

Position Solidified

Discuss

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
    Seriously. He was taken down multiple times by a guy who isn't even anywhere near his level of wrestling credentials. He was mounted more times than Jenna haze....

Position Solidified

Discuss
    Whoever thought Hendo was the best wrestler in MMA was dropped on their head as a baby

Comment

I don't know if anyone thought he was the best wrestler, but he is a very good one. the reason he was taken down and handled so much was because he gassed out. he apparenlty had a very hard time cutting weight for this fight... he was something like 15pounds over the limit a week before the fight...that coupled with his age(39), made him weak and easy to take down. Sheilds couldn't do **** in the first round and the beginning of the 2nd round.

Comment

Hendo has been taken down by fighters with lesser credintials in the past, not suprising here. I will say the 1 punch Hendo landed in first round did more damage than all of Sheilds punches combined....

Comment

Seeing how this was directed towards me indirectly. I will answer with this.....

I was wrong.

Happy?

Goodnight. (not as in go to sleep, as in have a good night for the rest of the night. lol)

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Seeing how this was directed towards me indirectly. I will answer with this.....

I was wrong.

Happy?

Goodnight. (not as in go to sleep, as in have a good night for the rest of the night. lol)

Sorry I'm a dick and I'm a little drujnk too

Comment

GSP is a beast dont get me wrong, but Cain Velazquez, Chael Sonnen, Brock Lesnar, there are a few that are better wrestlers, but given the fact that GSP isnt even a wrestler, it makes him look more amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
                GSP is a beast dont get me wrong, but Cain Velazquez, Chael Sonnen, Brock Lesnar, there are a few that are better wrestlers, but given the fact that GSP isnt even a wrestler, it makes him look more amazing
                Kos, Fitch, Sherk, Hughes, and Trigg where all supposed to be better wrestlers than GSP too remember....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  Kos, Fitch, Sherk, Hughes, and Trigg where all supposed to be better wrestlers than GSP too remember....
                  I think Kos is a better wrestler then GSP. Amateur wise. I pick Kos 9 out of 10 times in a traditional wrestling match. GSP is IMO the best wrestling MMA wise though. His is just tailor made and perfect for the sport. I just don't think he'd do all the great if he did go into the Olympics. Wrestling MMAwise and traditional wrestling our 2 different monsters IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    I think Kos is a better wrestler then GSP. Amateur wise. I pick Kos 9 out of 10 times in a traditional wrestling match. GSP is IMO the best wrestling MMA wise though. His is just tailor made and perfect for the sport. I just don't think he'd do all the great if he did go into the Olympics. Wrestling MMAwise and traditional wrestling our 2 different monsters IMO.
                    I agree with this. GSP is effective because his striking is good enough to keep you honest and not know when the takedown is coming.

I don't think he is the best wrestler because in wrestling alone he hasn't proved to be. However, I do believe he is one of the best at implementing wrestling techniques effectively into MMA. Plus his athletic gifts help out alot in implementing this. If he wasn't the athlete he is, he wouldn't be nearly as effective as he is.

Comment

Working...
                    X