Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javier Capetillo Talks About The Wraps Issue

It's in spanish.
    (excerpt about the wraps)

Con respecto al controversial tema de los vendajes de Margarito, Capetillo le restó importancia al asunto. Dijo que "cuando Tony entrena siempre lo hace con unos cojinetes que son de la misma gasa. Se planchan, se mojan, entonces quedan aplanados. Es algo válido en el boxeo". Reiteró que Margarito no perdió por esa razón, " perdió por que se vio débil y le falló el aguante " reiteró.

"with respect to the hand wrap controversy. when tony trains, he uses the same wraps and gauze. you iron the gauze, they get wet, etc. it's something valid in boxing. i reiterate, margarito did not lose because of this, he lost because he seemed weak and couldn't take the punches"

that's basically what it said. if anyone's spanish is better and can better translate it, be my guest.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blog...rnardo_pilatti
    Last edited by El Ceja; 01-28-2009, 02:39 PM.

somebody please translate the most of it thanks!

Comment

Con respecto al controversial tema de los vendajes de Margarito, Capetillo le restó importancia al asunto. Dijo que "cuando Tony entrena siempre lo hace con unos cojinetes que son de la misma gasa. Se planchan, se mojan, entonces quedan aplanados. Es algo válido en el boxeo". Reiteró que Margarito no perdió por esa razón, " perdió por que se vio débil y le falló el aguante " reiteró.

"with respect to the hand wrap controversy. when tony trains, he uses the same wraps and gauze. you iron the gauze, they get wet, etc. it's something valid in boxing. i reiterate, margarito did not lose because of this, he lost because he seemed weak and couldn't take the punches"

that's basically what it said. if anyone's spanish is better and can better translate it, be my guest.

Comment

Originally posted by i box oranges View Post

well that clears up the fact that he does use the same wrap....

Comment

That explains the wraps being "pretreated"...

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo28 View Post
            well that clears up the fact that he does use the same wrap....
            same wraps that he trains with, not the same one that he fights with.

Comment

Gauze that doesn't get worn out?

Comment

so he says it was just normal gauze, just pre used and so maybe it was hardened by that, but no plaster ubstance. I guess we just have to wait and see whats the truth.

Comment

Good info, we just have 2 wait and see the info from the CSAC. All in all, I would still love to see the rematch between Cotto and Marg, winner gets Mosley again...

Comment

We just have to wait. Espn "boxing" had nothing to talk about so they just went ahead and wrote an article today about the wrap issue...

Comment

Working...
                    X